06-07-2025, 09:00 PM
(06-07-2025, 03:18 PM)lillingworth Wrote: Background Checks: Having to deal with a background check for employment. The authenticity code at the bottom of the Isabel diploma doesn't seem to matter to the company running the check, and they have asked that I contact the Spanish Government to request a verification of education. For that verification, you need an ID verification app from Spain that then requires a Spanish citizen ID number (like a social security number). Never having lived in Spain, I don't have that. There is no other option I can find for verifying identity to be able to use the government site.
Any suggestions? Of course I have reached out to the background check company and am getting a friend to help me reach out to the government office, but everything in Europe is mind-numbingly slow. Would love to hear what others have done.
Does having the apostilled diploma from ENEB/U1 matter in this case? I'm worried the same thing might happen if a future employer in Japan (as I plan to move there) uses another company for a background check, as they tend to scrutinize previous education very, very thoroughly etc etc... Unfortunately, I can't offer advice, but I hope everything goes well for you.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)