Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250
(11-03-2025, 03:39 PM)lidel Wrote: Hey all.

I just got my endorsement for defending my dissertation, and pending the degree audit next month, I'm all done.

The data collection was a considerable amount of work, and my initial data analysis and drafting of Chapters 4 and 5 went remarkably smoothly. Start to finish that all took about eight weeks. I had one round of revisions, then defended on October 17. I was passed with revisions, which I have come to learn is pretty standard for most defenses. I completed one major round of revisions and one minor round, and didn't have to defend again.

It's been a heck of a journey, and I've really enjoyed it, though I'm really glad that it's over. Overall the University was really good to work with. The courses are well structured, and the people there really care, and work with you to sort through difficulties. They did move the bar a couple of times; once was when they approved my proposal and then backtracked, forcing me to redo about a week's worth of work and reapply for my IRB approval. The second time was two days before my dissertation defense, when they sent me new expectations for the presentation that were way different from what I had been given three weeks prior. I dug my heels in on that one, and they agreed to let me present based on the first set of instructions.

There were also some complications with getting bounced out of the program due to a clerical error. I went in circles with UpGrad for about a month before reaching out directly to the Registrar's office, which corrected it in a day. My final stance on UpGrad is that they are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine; enough said there.

Okay, that's all for me. Thanks for reading!

S
Hi Lidel,
Congratulations on your achievements! 
Your comments and suggestions were very useful! Thanks a lot for sharing your Edgewood DBA experience. 
I am wishing you all the best on your future endeavors!
Regards,
SD
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 - by sdimic - 11-05-2025, 03:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purdue Global DBA Coming Soon, Edgewood DTech Coming Possibly Jonathan Whatley 19 6,218 09-09-2026, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  $8650 regionally accredited DBA: Level 8 + Westcliff DBA through Capital College David1477 18 5,233 09-08-2026, 11:31 PM
Last Post: tordan
  Walsh College\GreatLearning DBA in AIML; 12500$ artem 41 20,751 07-18-2026, 10:58 AM
Last Post: artem
  American College of Education Developing Online DBA, STEM Education EdD & EdS Jonathan Whatley 7 2,044 07-15-2026, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Twrix
  South College DBA cc95 136 60,626 06-13-2026, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 66 31,214 03-30-2026, 08:43 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  New England College DBA and Doctoral-Level Certificates Jonathan Whatley 3 2,529 02-10-2026, 11:05 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  South College DBA Program (IT Specialization) - Progress Tracker wiresandscreens 36 16,718 12-01-2025, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Need some advice - Edgewood or Oklahoma State ChetBakerSings 5 2,289 10-14-2025, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Rivena
  South College DBA Journey Completed Max13 18 15,391 03-06-2025, 11:41 PM
Last Post: 3ichael7ambert

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)