Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do ECTS credits map to a US degree?
#2
(12-22-2025, 05:37 PM)EstBob72 Wrote: Hi


I’ve only recently started looking into ways to complete a degree as cheaply and quickly as possible, but I found the post about ECTS credits from the University of Turku, along with some other discussions about similar Finnish universities offering free or online ECTS courses.

I know the ECTS are only worth about 0.5-0.75 credits, but how do I know if those credits are counted towards the specific degree I apply for at UMPI or UMass Global to reduce the amount of credits I have to take? I’m not from America, but I assume say, the Finnish as a Foreign Language credit wouldn't help if I wanted a degree in business from UMPI?

Sorry if this whole post has been a stupid question, but I don’t quite understand the US university system (doesn’t bode well for my degree if I can’t figure this out, I guess, does it?)


Thanks for any help.

Here's the information you need for applying to UMPI as a foreign student:

https://www.umpi.edu/admissions/online-how-to-apply/

As for what transfers? Hard to say until its evaluated. When it is, you'll then know what courses are remaining which you can follow up with through Sophia or Study.com


Attached Files
.png   yourpace-accepted-whats-next.png (Size: 85.12 KB / Downloads: 11)
TESU
2026: Doctor of Business Admin
UIUC
2026: MS Management
WPUNJ
2027: MS Finance
2024: M.Ed - Educational Leadership
2026: B.S Information Technology
CCAF:
2024: A.A.S - Emergency Management
UMPI:
2024: M.A.O.L
2024: BABA - PM/IS
2023: B.A. - His & Poli Sci
2023: B.L.S. - Mgmt
2023: A.A. - LS
RCSJ:
2022: A.A.A.S. - Soc
2023: A.A.A.S. - His
2023: A.A.A.S. - Phil
2023: A.A.A.S. - Psy
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: How do ECTS credits map to a US degree? - by Mint Berry Crunch - 12-22-2025, 06:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,821 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,380 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,694 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,317 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,678 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,635 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 1,032 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,399 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,228 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  Looking for online, self-paced computer science core courses that offer RA credits mylo 5 1,808 04-22-2026, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)