02-01-2026, 04:50 PM
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2026, 04:53 PM by cacoleman1983.)
(01-31-2026, 11:41 AM)nykorn Wrote: Western Governors University has a Masters in Elementary Education for Licensure, which does not require ANY previous courses in education, and they also do NOT require any general education credits. Source - I enrolled with a European Bachelor's (no general ed credits and no Education credits) into their Masters.
WGU also accepts NACES evaluations. Source - I had to use one for them to accept my European Bachelor's.
Additionally, most states that offer "emergency teaching licenses" and emergency substitute teacher licenses offer them to anyone of any Bachelor's degree regardless of what subject your BA was in, and regardless of if it had any Education courses or not. A foreign one just has to be NACES evaluated, so ENEB would pass. Most teachers I talk to got their first jobs on an emergency license and then enrolled in a teacher preparation program (aka WGU or something similar) after already having a job as a teacher in a classroom.
Finally, you can also do i-Teach which again accepts NACES members. It doesn't get you a degree but it does get you a state teaching license and gets you into a paid position during your teacher training (student teaching) so, unlike when doing WGU, you don't have to pay for tuition AND go unemployed for 4 months while doing unpaid student teaching.
It is state dependent. She would need to check her specific state she wishes to teach. Many are a lot more flexible than others. I was speaking from what I know here in Arkansas which tends to require closer to traditional routes.
Academic Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS, AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Graduate Level Professional Development
MBA, Masters in Digital Marketing & Analytics & AI Universidad Isabel I/ENEB
Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU: Thunderbird School of Global Management
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS, AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Graduate Level Professional Development
MBA, Masters in Digital Marketing & Analytics & AI Universidad Isabel I/ENEB
Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU: Thunderbird School of Global Management


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)