02-06-2026, 02:07 AM
(02-05-2026, 02:24 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: Fair enough; I don't doubt you.
For what it's worth, I've long thought that the conventional wisdom on these forums overrates the importance of ACBSP accreditation. One can make a case that a program with AACSB accreditation is worth a premium because it opens more doors for doctoral study and for teaching at business schools. But I've yet to see a reason why someone should pay even one dollar more for a program with ACBSP accreditation over one without it.
Agreed. Employers don't care either way, but AACSB-accredited schools sure do. They often put extra requirements on applicants coming from non-AACSB schools, for example, and often won't hire professors with degrees from non-AACSB schools. I doubt seriously that any ACBSP-accredited schools have similar practices.
Almost every top MBA program in the U.S. has AACSB accreditation. The correlation is tight.
Doctorate in something
Doctorate in something else
MBA
BS in something
BA in something else
Doctorate in something else
MBA
BS in something
BA in something else


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)