Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ABC 20/20: Bachelors Degrees May Not Be Worth the Money???
#12
mongoose65 Wrote:My cynical side thinks it's all a fear based scam. Some chump paid a bundle for their degree so they want everyone else to pay a bundle. I have no degree (yet) but have consistently managed people with Master's degrees throughout my work history. Degrees are necessary for specialized positions, period and only because of systemic institutionalization. Lawyers didn't always need law school. Why should someone who can pass the bar need to drop $100k to waste 3 years doing core curriculum and "information literacy?" Core curriculum is the dumbest money scam ever, forcing people to pay for courses that are not at all relevant to a career.

As someone said here perfectly, "it's a ticket to the dance." I need it because some brainiac in HR wrote into the hiring policy manual that a BS is the minimum requirement. I've seen them keep resumes with typos and grant interviews to schmoes who couldn't fashion a sentence and pass over more qualified professionals because they only had 2 years of school.

Am I bitter, yes a little. That's why I love this forum. I will be getting my degree in 8 months total for approx. $2500 bucks. Finally a little fairness.

Best to everyone.


Bravo- nicely put!!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
ABC 20/20: Bachelors Degrees May Not Be Worth the Money??? - by candothis - 01-20-2009, 09:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China Cuts 12,200 University Programs, Replaces Many With AI Degrees LevelUP 3 1,089 09-25-2026, 11:57 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Any language degrees? Kev 73 19,466 09-09-2026, 10:58 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 23 18,753 04-06-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: wow
Question Is college worth it? This quiz shows the reality. LevelUP 7 2,225 01-16-2026, 10:57 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Master List of Online Platforms with College Courses/Degrees SophiaPrincess 15 14,563 01-12-2026, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Kabir
  I completed my bachelors at Newlane University. This was my experience. Jakehazex21 0 4,681 12-31-2025, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jakehazex21
  Free/cheap unaccredited Christian degrees CollegeStudentAC 2 2,012 12-26-2025, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Weirdest DEAC-accredited universities and degrees Robson 15 5,630 12-11-2025, 09:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degrees in Content Creation? LevelUP 14 6,374 11-13-2025, 09:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question 6sigma - worth it? with ASQ certificate? Maltus 15 4,401 09-23-2025, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Seeker42

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)