Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What's the Worst online class you've taken?
#14
Mine has to be U of Idaho Managerial Accounting Independent Study. Had three different instructors so they must have been grad students. No feedback on exams and last one tried to fail me on homework exams. Had been averaging 90% on the first eight of 10 then the new instructor subjectively graded me out at 53% and 70% then gave me 53% on the third exam with no explanation. I actually felt confident enough to think that I had aced it. Final gave me 64%, no explanation again. Homework assignments for each of the ten chapters are about 10 hours each. First three exams were around 4 hours each Final timed at 3 hours. Three weeks to respond to questions and grade homework lessons, when I stated I was on a schedule the third instructor started with the crappy grades. When I asked for some help from the second instructor she told me to study harder. These concepts are hard to grasp with an instructor let alone left to your own devices. I would suggest taking this course with a live instructor if you want to learn the subject matter. I received a "C" for the course which really pisses me off. BTW, I took the course there because it was cheapest. Four proctored exams add $100 study guide another $50. I am going to challenge the grade. Evil little people up there.
[SIZE="5"]Thee Ivan[/SIZE]
[email protected]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What's the Worst online class you've taken? - by ivanjak - 03-30-2009, 09:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 7 6,255 10-04-2026, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Maltus
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,659 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,315 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  Homeschooling Teens - ASU class for $299 bjcheung77 4 1,800 06-26-2026, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Stanislav
  Did COVID-19 lead to a sustained surge in online enrollment? Probably not. sanantone 9 2,208 04-29-2026, 02:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Looking for online, self-paced computer science core courses that offer RA credits mylo 5 1,805 04-22-2026, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Newsweek’s list of America’s Top Online Colleges for 2026 LevelUP 7 6,335 04-11-2026, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Lawmakers tried to kill CA’s online community college. Now it’s growing rapidly LevelUP 0 1,054 04-09-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Master List of Online Platforms with College Courses/Degrees SophiaPrincess 15 14,761 01-12-2026, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Kabir
  Easiest online degree tsimmns927 6 2,487 12-31-2025, 04:58 PM
Last Post: tsimmns927

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)