05-06-2009, 04:27 PM
annakate Wrote:Have you read his sci-fi trilogy? I only read Perelandra... by far one of the strangest books I've ever read, haha. Although, it was the middle book, which might explain some confusion.
His sci-fi is rather strange, but I enjoyed reading them. I think they probably make more sense when read altogether.
I really like the Screwtape Letters, Mere Christianity, The Weight of Glory... they are all so good! The Great Divorce seemed a little strange to me, but it's been several years since I read it. I want to read it again sometime.
Annakate, I also love Elisabeth Elliott and Let Me Be a Woman is one of my favorites. I also have a biography on Amy Carmichael by her.
And Anne of Green Gables is wonderful. Have you read the whole series?
I think my favorite is the last one, Rilla of Ingleside. It's funny and sad at different points... a very good book. Little Women and all Louisa May Alcott's books are wonderful too. Oh... and to add to my previous list, I also love Witness by Whittaker Chambers as a history book/spy novel.
Ah! I love talking about books!!!
~Brittany
From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!
AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!
"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!
AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!
"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)