12-17-2009, 04:43 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2009, 01:16 PM by JanusthePhoenix.)
Okay...so two days after I got the termination letter, I get another letter awarding me about 6 months worth of GI Bill benefits backdated to February. :eek: I can only guess that they had to remove my previous benefits from the system for the backdate to work right, but I don't know for sure. I've been trying to get ahold of the right people at EC to sort this out all week. My money is basically waiting for me to verify my enrollment through WAVE; all I have to do is click the button now.
Here's the problem: the benefits awarded me are a little more than twice what I was claiming! Moreover, the dates listed are way off: I didn't start taking ECE tests until May or so. So here's my question: can anyone share their experience using their GI Bill reimbursement through EC? When you claim reimbursement for ECE tests and such, are you awarded based on the actual amount you paid or based on the credits you received? Can anybody shed some light on WTF is going on?
Edit 18Dec: Finally got through to EC. Turns out ECE's are VA certified as a tuition claim, NOT straight reimbursement like the CLEP or DSST. That means we get tuition based on credit, not on what we actually paid! I made money on my college degree!
Boy, am I glad to have this one resolved. Hopefully my little chronicle will help future EC student veterans with their college adventure.
Here's the problem: the benefits awarded me are a little more than twice what I was claiming! Moreover, the dates listed are way off: I didn't start taking ECE tests until May or so. So here's my question: can anyone share their experience using their GI Bill reimbursement through EC? When you claim reimbursement for ECE tests and such, are you awarded based on the actual amount you paid or based on the credits you received? Can anybody shed some light on WTF is going on?
Edit 18Dec: Finally got through to EC. Turns out ECE's are VA certified as a tuition claim, NOT straight reimbursement like the CLEP or DSST. That means we get tuition based on credit, not on what we actually paid! I made money on my college degree!
Boy, am I glad to have this one resolved. Hopefully my little chronicle will help future EC student veterans with their college adventure.
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010
CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)