Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
DSST Technical writing: writing differences
#7
dpeppard Wrote:Thank you for this info. I know it is a little off-topic, but you really feel the DSST Technical Writing practice test was worth it? The only reason I ask is, even though I am a proponent of gathering information and taking any practice tests I can, I have read several threads on this forum stating the practice test for the DSST Technical Writing was not worth taking. That the practice test didn't even relate to the real test and if people would have known, they would not have spent the $5 for the practice test.
I didn't take the practice exam and still managed to pass with a 67. The specific exam feedback is better than any practice exam - in this case at least. Just study what everyone has recommended there and you'll be fine. That's all I did! Big Grin

Also, watch out for "gotcha" grammar questions where they'll slip in a tiny difference between two choices where you have to figure out which one is wrong. Make sure all the subject and verbs agree. Really, if you understand general grammar and read EVERY choice very closely, these questions should be freebies.

Hope it goes great!
R.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
DSST Technical writing: writing differences - by Ruddigore - 04-16-2010, 10:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me writing the competencies? Terro 4 874 05-20-2026, 08:40 PM
Last Post: wow
  Research sources for writing assignments? GizmoJack 24 117,926 08-21-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: bradonomics
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 1,486 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 2,744 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 44,839 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  outlier College Writing II [email protected] 4 2,807 11-10-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 1,370 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 3,092 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 12,663 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Universal Technical Institute buys Concorde Career Colleges bjcheung77 0 1,732 05-16-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)