Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Any New American Lit info?
#6
Thanks for the information each of you shared! My brother and I both passed yesterday! He passed with a 63, and I got a 55.

So American Lit is doable even without reading the actual works. Smile

If anyone is planning on taking this test soon, some of the analyzation portion is simply recognizing the book or author of the book from the quote. It's pretty obvious, like by the characters in the Scarlet Letter, the diction in Huckleberry Finn, the wallpaper description of The Yellow Wallpaper, the author of the Invisible Man, or the writing of Walden.

I was also surprised to find a quote from Ben Franklin asking who said it ("Penny saved is a penny earned"). I also had question asking who said "these are the times that try men's souls" as well as what Thomas Paine wrote. I had a question asking what Jonathan Edwards was and what "ism" influenced Anne Bradstreet. I'm a homeschooler, so that was the stuff I was familiar with and was excited to find on the test. Wink
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Any New American Lit info? - by studyingathome - 04-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Any New American Lit info? - by Elinor - 04-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Any New American Lit info? - by margotsara - 04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Any New American Lit info? - by Arkansas Red - 04-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Any New American Lit info? - by doghouse42 - 04-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Any New American Lit info? - by studyingathome - 05-06-2010, 05:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search engine for American educational programs HappyOne 6 2,096 10-04-2025, 02:45 PM
Last Post: HappyOne
Information The DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, and more! jsd 1 99,614 09-17-2025, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can you give me some info? Geortumpen 5 2,353 12-25-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: artem
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 55 24,322 05-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 9,660 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  International GCSE Sciences (EU/UK) Info bjcheung77 6 2,623 05-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 22,140 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 8,392 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 8,657 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 1,777 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)