08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
As TMW2010 stated, we can't give much advice w/o knowing degree and college. I am going to tell you what I would do in your situation (actually very similiar to what I am doing). I would get a degree from Thomas Edison State College so that you can test out of all but one class (TESC only gives a gpa for courses you take from them, so I am just taking one class for the gpa). And I would get it in a "clep-able" degree such as psychology, business, or general studies. I am getting my degree in psychology just so I can test out of most of it and then I am going to get my master's degree to do what I really want to do-teach. I am still going to be done much quicker than if I just got my bacheloer's degree to teach. So you could just get a general degree and then when you figure out what you really want to do, get a masters.
If you would rather go through Liberty, make sure you look at these pages for each of your testing options: CLEP, DSST, and ECE.
Here is LU's degree plan for an AA in general studies and how you could plug tests in:
BTW: LU states 15 credits must be completed through them.
ENGL 101 Composition & Rhetoric 3 - You could do College comp. or college comp modular for 101. Liberty only gives 3 credits for this instead of 6.
ENGL 102 Composition & Literature 3 - Class
Communications Elective 3 - I'm not sure what would fit here. Maybe Public Speaking DSST
MATH Math Elective (MATH 115 or higher) 3 - College Math CLEP. Again LU only offfers 3 credits instead of 6
PHIL 104 Contemporary Worldviews 3 - Class
Natural Science Elective 3 - Natural Science CLEP. LU actuall does give 6 credits for this one, so I gues the other 3 would fall in general ed. electives
History Elective 3 - You have many test options here.
Social Science Elective 3 - Into to Sociology CLEP
Humanities Elective 3 - Humanities CLEP. LU offers 3 credits instead of 6
PHIL 201 Philosophy & Contemporary Ideas 3 - Class
BIBL 104 Survey of Biblical Literature 3 - Class
THEO 104 Introduction to Christian Thought 3 - Class
And that leaves you with 21 General Ed. Electives You can look at the links above to see what you want to put here.
I personally think you would be better off going through TESC unles you really want to go through a Christian school or something like that. As you probably noticed, Liberty only gives 3 credits for quite a few tests most you could get 6 for elsewhere. At TESC, you can use FEMAs (search if you don't know what they are) for almost all your free electives which is a huge plus. If you want me to I could show you how you could plug all the tests into TESC's degree plan.
If you would rather go through Liberty, make sure you look at these pages for each of your testing options: CLEP, DSST, and ECE.
Here is LU's degree plan for an AA in general studies and how you could plug tests in:
BTW: LU states 15 credits must be completed through them.
ENGL 101 Composition & Rhetoric 3 - You could do College comp. or college comp modular for 101. Liberty only gives 3 credits for this instead of 6.
ENGL 102 Composition & Literature 3 - Class
Communications Elective 3 - I'm not sure what would fit here. Maybe Public Speaking DSST
MATH Math Elective (MATH 115 or higher) 3 - College Math CLEP. Again LU only offfers 3 credits instead of 6
PHIL 104 Contemporary Worldviews 3 - Class
Natural Science Elective 3 - Natural Science CLEP. LU actuall does give 6 credits for this one, so I gues the other 3 would fall in general ed. electives
History Elective 3 - You have many test options here.
Social Science Elective 3 - Into to Sociology CLEP
Humanities Elective 3 - Humanities CLEP. LU offers 3 credits instead of 6
PHIL 201 Philosophy & Contemporary Ideas 3 - Class
BIBL 104 Survey of Biblical Literature 3 - Class
THEO 104 Introduction to Christian Thought 3 - Class
And that leaves you with 21 General Ed. Electives You can look at the links above to see what you want to put here.
I personally think you would be better off going through TESC unles you really want to go through a Christian school or something like that. As you probably noticed, Liberty only gives 3 credits for quite a few tests most you could get 6 for elsewhere. At TESC, you can use FEMAs (search if you don't know what they are) for almost all your free electives which is a huge plus. If you want me to I could show you how you could plug all the tests into TESC's degree plan.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]B.A. in Psychology from TESC in 9 months
My degree plan: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...elp-2.html
My degree plan: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...elp-2.html


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)