04-25-2011, 08:14 PM
kiyanalynn Wrote:how many months should a person study for the psy GRE
how much math is included in this test ?
It depends. The next testing diet isn't until September so you have some time to think about it. If you're looking for a 40th percentile score for COSC then you'll obviously not have to study as much as for Empire State (I think these are the only two colleges still granting Subject GRE credit?)
There is very little mathematics in the test but a good understanding of reading graphs, tables and understanding which statistical tests are best for for which kind of study will help. It's a small part of the test, though.
My experience of going in to a study period was that it was my 100% focus. I had completed an intro to psychology test and statistics courses beforehand but not much else in the subject area. I was rushed due to policy changes at my college and ended up studying for up to two and a half months. This was several hours a day, every day, though.
It would probably be more beneficial to spread out your studying and mix it with taking the exams you need to complete the major. That way you are completing small goals, gaining credit and still learning throughout the period.
TBH, though, a 40th percentile pass looks extremely achievable. Get yourself a copy of the practice test from the ETS website and see how you get on, then look at the Kaplan, Princeton and (maybe) Barron's Subject GRE books, in that order.
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress
Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication
Progress history[/SIZE]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress
Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication
Progress history[/SIZE]


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)