Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
InstantCert in your own Words - Personal Reviews
#20
Maniac Craniac Wrote:...as is well known on this forum, I have a dissenting opinion. I will share it because it was the lack of dissenting opinions expressed on this board that made me feel an unwarranted comfort in using InstantCert.

The shortened story is that InstantCert takes forever to go through and doesn't teach you anything. I can imagine it being a good source for review, but that is not how it is advertised- all the claims are about InstantCert being a main source for study, when it is most definitely more of a supplemental resource. Sure, if you memorize each card, you will likely pass your test, but that takes forever in comparison to just looking over the highlights of a textbook which would yield the exact same results in much less time. Also, if you use InstantCert only, ok fine, you will have just enough information on enough potential questions to pass your test, but you will not actually learn anything.

Conclusion: InstantCert is an auxiliary study tool, not a primary study tool. My advice for those who wish to use it is study first, and if you need some extra help, InstantCert probably isn't a bad way to go. If you want to save time and money, skip InstantCert altogether.

Dissenting to your dissenting Wink

The thing that makes IC so good is that it doesn't have a lot of extra crap. It focuses on what you need to know for the test. If a topic comes up that you already know, review the card and move on. If something comes up and looks totally foreign to you, you'll need to get another resource like a free internet site to learn more about it. But what you don't have to do is wade through an entire book or series of websites and re-read stuff that as an adult in the professional world, you may already have learned.

I wouldn't use IC alone to teach my 15 year old. He uses IC as a supplement and it helps him review everything that he has learned and reinforce what he'll need to know for the test.

So, I guess I think that for an adult learner, IC is wonderful... at least it has been for me. My younger brother graduated from COSC years ago and used ONLY IC and nothing else... he didn't even know about the forum. Yes, I've asked him whether he even used supplemental websites and he did not. I wouldn't have been able to pass tests like principles of finance or money & banking like that, but probably for the easier tests, I could have.

I also love free-clep-prep and wish I had discovered it right away when I first started. It's one of the sites I went to frequently while I was using IC.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin


My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Reply


Messages In This Thread
InstantCert in your own Words - Personal Reviews - by burbuja0512 - 05-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two Words: MADE IN AMERICA LevelUP 20 6,074 10-14-2022, 02:20 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  Personal Finance MrPanda 11 4,077 07-25-2022, 04:17 AM
Last Post: itsbacl
  Banished Words List Alpha 0 1,455 12-31-2021, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  I've lost access to the "Specific Exam Feedback - InstantCert Subscribers ONLY" group Nerdymcnerdface 9 5,978 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Zham
  Instantcert mobile app??? mlwilliamsiv 1 2,815 02-19-2018, 07:14 PM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Are you taking courses more for personal development than career development? StoicJ 11 5,061 06-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question concerning ALEKS, Instantcert Shenny 4 3,124 11-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Shenny
  Delete InstantCert Posts Clarebugg 9 4,875 10-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  InstantCert Ranks Clarebugg 4 2,825 10-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  I Appreciate you Instantcert TESUAbroad 3 2,629 09-15-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)