Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
InstantCert in your own Words - Personal Reviews
#21
Maniac Craniac Wrote:...as is well known on this forum, I have a dissenting opinion. I will share it because it was the lack of dissenting opinions expressed on this board that made me feel an unwarranted comfort in using InstantCert.

The shortened story is that InstantCert takes forever to go through and doesn't teach you anything. I can imagine it being a good source for review, but that is not how it is advertised- all the claims are about InstantCert being a main source for study, when it is most definitely more of a supplemental resource. Sure, if you memorize each card, you will likely pass your test, but that takes forever in comparison to just looking over the highlights of a textbook which would yield the exact same results in much less time. Also, if you use InstantCert only, ok fine, you will have just enough information on enough potential questions to pass your test, but you will not actually learn anything.

Conclusion: InstantCert is an auxiliary study tool, not a primary study tool. My advice for those who wish to use it is study first, and if you need some extra help, InstantCert probably isn't a bad way to go. If you want to save time and money, skip InstantCert altogether.

I have to agree with you here. I've tried using IC exclusively but I always found it dry and boring. It is a great supplement to reinforce the material learned elsewhere but using it as your sole resource is nothing but cramming information without any practical or applied value. That's not saying that it doesn't serve its purpose; for what I've seen in this forum it seems to work quite well.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
InstantCert in your own Words - Personal Reviews - by Bunbu - 05-02-2011, 06:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two Words: MADE IN AMERICA LevelUP 20 6,158 10-14-2022, 02:20 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  Personal Finance MrPanda 11 4,082 07-25-2022, 04:17 AM
Last Post: itsbacl
  Banished Words List Alpha 0 1,462 12-31-2021, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  I've lost access to the "Specific Exam Feedback - InstantCert Subscribers ONLY" group Nerdymcnerdface 9 5,985 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Zham
  Instantcert mobile app??? mlwilliamsiv 1 2,822 02-19-2018, 07:14 PM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Are you taking courses more for personal development than career development? StoicJ 11 5,070 06-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question concerning ALEKS, Instantcert Shenny 4 3,132 11-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Shenny
  Delete InstantCert Posts Clarebugg 9 4,889 10-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  InstantCert Ranks Clarebugg 4 2,832 10-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  I Appreciate you Instantcert TESUAbroad 3 2,636 09-15-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)