Thread Rating:
  • 38 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ENEB Master Thread
An evaluation is not important to me as I have multiple undergraduate and graduate degrees. However, I may go ahead and have one done just to provide additional information to those in North America who want to leverage the qualification for more than the intent of the program in Spain. My guess the people who are interested in ENEB from the USA and Canada are not wealthy.
(08-22-2020, 10:02 PM)Dumber Wrote: An evaluation is not important to me as I have multiple undergraduate and graduate degrees. However, I may go ahead and have one done  just to provide additional information to those in North America who want to leverage the qualification for more than the intent of the program in Spain. My guess the people who are interested in ENEB from the USA and Canada are not wealthy.

Most people on this forum aren't wealthy, or we wouldn't have been interested in nonstandard pathways to credentials in the first place.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(08-22-2020, 01:23 PM)Dumber Wrote: ENEB at $300 is for a niche of students who cannot afford more expensive education. The time spent studying is not wasted time. My recommendation is that if one could pay for the more expensive, more mainstream qualification such as Título official or RA, then that is the obvious better choice.
Many of us who are not privileged have to balanced utility, cost, and knowledge.
I agree that the ENEB credential is niche, but I disagree that anybody who can pursue a higher status degree should. I used to work as an insurance broker and many of the people that I worked with would have LOVED to have the letters MBA after their name on their business cards. How many potential clients would actually ask where they got their degree?  And, if the client did ask and the salesman said “European Business School in Barcelona” or “Universidad Isabel I”, how many clients would actually know what that means or take the time to figure it out? Very few, I should think. 

I think a lot of people in sales would benefit from those letters on their business card. Realistically, the ROI of an MBA for a lot of people in sales wouldn’t be very high; it probably would be negative for many people. Its value would likely center around the network that you would build in school and the potential employment that you might secure using that network.  If you can go to a top 20-type nationally ranked university or the flag ship public university in your state, that would almost certainly make more sense than a $300 degree from Groupon.  But then, when people are lining up their acceptance letters and deciding where to attend, I doubt any are saying “Michigan, nope, Cal Berkeley, nope, University of Texas, nope, University of Wisconsin, nope, London School of Economics, nope, ENEB, YES!”

The real question, then, is which makes more sense: a degree from a regional state university with a limited, regional alumni base and academic reputation/ranking that says it is middle-of-the-road (or the private school equivalent of that) for perhaps $15,000-$40,000 or an ENEB degree for $300 plus some costs for evaluation and transcripts. I would argue that ENEB is a FAR better investment for many people.
[-] The following 2 users Like freeloader's post:
  • novadar, rachel83az
I think this entire ENEB situation is a great (and likely unintentional) social experiment. Here in America, we complain so much about the cost of tuition (and justifiably so, the prices are ridiculous) but when someone offers a program that is super inexpensive and affordable for everyone, we complain about that, too, call it names, and obsess over its exact low price more than we do the countless programs with outrageously high prices.

Give it some time and we'll find a way to complain about tuition-free and fee-free schools, too, lol.
[-] The following 4 users Like eLearner's post:
  • NotJoeBiden, novadar, rachel83az, SteveFoerster
(08-23-2020, 09:28 AM)eLearner Wrote: Give it some time and we'll find a way to complain about tuition-free and fee-free schools, too, lol.

People do complain about them because they tend to be NA and not RA. Honestly, though, if it's something like University of the People or nothing, I'd rather have a UoP degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • eLearner
(08-23-2020, 09:06 AM)freeloader Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 01:23 PM)Dumber Wrote: ENEB at $300 is for a niche of students who cannot afford more expensive education. The time spent studying is not wasted time. My recommendation is that if one could pay for the more expensive, more mainstream qualification such as Título official or RA, then that is the obvious better choice.
Many of us who are not privileged have to balanced utility, cost, and knowledge.
I agree that the ENEB credential is niche, but I disagree than anybody who can pursue a higher status degree should. I used to work as an insurance broker and many of the people that I worked with would have LOVED to have the letter MBA after their name on their business cards. How many potential clients would actually ask where they got their degree?  And, if the client did ask and the salesman said “European Business School in Barcelona” or “Universidad Isabel I”, how many clients would actually know what that means or take the time to figure it out? Very few, I should think. 

I think a lot of people in sales would benefit from those letters on their business card. Realistically, the ROI of an MBA for a lot of people in sales wouldn’t be very high; it probably would be negative for many people. It’s value would likely center around the network that you would build in school and the potential employment that you might secure using that network.  If you can go to a top 20-type nationally ranked university or the flag ship public university in your state, that would almost certainly make more sense than a $300 degree from Groupon.  But then, when people are lining up their acceptance letters and deciding where to attend, I doubt any are saying “Michigan, nope, Cal Berkeley, nope, University of Texas, nope, University of Wisconsin, nope, London School of Economics, nope, ENEB, YES!”

The real question, then, is which makes more sense: a degree from a regional state university with a limited, regional alumni base and academic reputation/ranking that says it is middle-of-the-road (or the private school equivalent of that) for perhaps $15,000-$40,000 or an ENEB degree for $300 plus some costs for evaluation and transcripts. I would argue that ENEB is a FAR better investment.

The evaluation is not necessary. ENEB programs are Exactly what they are in Spain. Now for those who want to leverage them for credits in the USA and Canada, well, an evaluation is the process. But one should be happy with any positive results because in Spain these programs can’t be used for that purpose. Thus, the main reason for recommending RA or Titulo Official because they have more utility. I will be doing an evaluation in 3 months or so, so save your money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dumber's post:
  • novadar
(08-23-2020, 09:28 AM)eLearner Wrote: I think this entire ENEB situation is a great (and likely unintentional) social experiment. Here in America, we complain so much about the cost of tuition (and justifiably so, the prices are ridiculous) but when someone offers a program that is super inexpensive and affordable for everyone, we complain about that, too, call it names, and obsess over its exact low price more than we do the countless programs with outrageously high prices.

Don't forget making fun of how it uses a marketing channel that others aren't using, because obviously we can't have that.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
EdD in Professional Studies, Thomas Edison State University, in progress

Let's connect! https://linkedin.com/in/stevefoerster
[-] The following 4 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • eLearner, novadar, rachel83az, StoicJ
What I find would be interesting with ECE is that since it evaluates ENEB / Universidad Isabel I Proprio Master's degrees as a fourth year of a completed Bachelor's degree, they may take their courses on a case by case basis and one could possibly take their evaluation report and have those courses transferred into a Bachelor's degree from Thomas Edison State University since they allow up to 120 credits to transfer. This may allow someone to complete an ENEB degree and other hours from other colleges and transfer them into Thomas Edison State University, complete a Critical Information Literacy and Capstone Course, and earn a regionally accredited Bachelors degree in Business or Management.
I am just curious. Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand from reading through this forum there are titulo proprio in Spain and then there is also a different type of degree which will allow you to work in governmental positions (doctor, nurse, lawyer, or government business position). Out of curiosity what if you transferred an MBA from let's say WGU or Patten would it transfer in as the higher ranking degree in Spain than the "lower" titulo propio?
(08-23-2020, 09:43 PM)JWells247 Wrote: I am just curious. Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand from reading through this forum there are titulo proprio in Spain and then there is also a different type of degree which will allow you to work in governmental positions (doctor, nurse, lawyer, or government business position). Out of curiosity what if you transferred an MBA from let's say WGU or Patten would it transfer in as the higher ranking degree in Spain than the "lower" titulo propio?

I think the qualifications framework in Spain might allow something like an RA MBA in the US to qualify as Titulo Oficial, but the challenge there is no prestige.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • JWells247


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conversion/transfer options from ENEB into another uni to be awarded their Masters? DegreeNerd 16 914 5 hours ago
Last Post: wow
  ETAMU Master's in Organizational Leadership VanillaBean 0 120 Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Last Post: VanillaBean
  New ENEB Discounts housecat 267 167,406 09-29-2026, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Unimarconi Master via ENEB Thread Kalas 138 36,734 09-26-2026, 01:01 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Newlane's Master in Philosophy marcelor78 33 4,078 09-23-2026, 05:50 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  CLEA Masstercursos master course paddyqr 127 49,671 09-12-2026, 09:01 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Master of Science in Finance Mint Berry Crunch 3 1,035 08-18-2026, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  NEW Univ of Virginia - Master of Change Management smartdegree 0 716 08-07-2026, 03:43 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  ENEB New Master Thread bjcheung77 794 274,428 08-07-2026, 03:22 PM
Last Post: UoBoomer
  SEU CBE MA in Leadership (English) and Religion Master’s (English & Spanish) Jonathan Whatley 4 1,354 08-06-2026, 11:34 AM
Last Post: sanantone

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)