Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Advice for my 17 year old daughter with over 100 credits done... Computer/IT Focused.
@EDUxplorer, Wow, you're an amazing parent, that's a bit of an intro and update.  Just curious if you're planning something for yourself and your wife...  How many kids are you pre-planning education for?  Anyways, about the daughter, you'll get advice pulling you in all directions, follow what she wants... Below is all I have for now, I'll update the post after I get more details from you.

I really recommend filling us in on some missing details from the template and last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works  |  It seems you may have updated your posts to include U of T - Austin as a master's option, I actually recommended that institution here, you should also add NYU because of scholarships: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid378084

Georgia Tech, U of T-Austin, NYU, all have similar programs in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics/Data Science.  I would check them all out as some offerings would be a mix of CS/IT/Math/Stats, and from a really reputable institution, plus they'll be inexpensive, also they're MOOC using Coursera/EdX or another platform.  Keep your mind open to others too...

I really like the way you're helping your daughter and the both of you brain storming options to gain extra knowledge and shooting for the stars when it comes to education.  I suggest your daughter continuing on her path until she completes her Bachelors.  She can continue exactly the way she wants... I would wait on the PhD until she actually starts the Masters.

In regards to the three main things I talk about, Certs, Degree, Experience, she's hitting them up with her amazing energy, using her time wisely, and learning/earning towards her degrees.  I see no issues having that much education under her belt, just keep the Associates out of the resume and whatever is relevant on.  Being NA/RA, the U of People degree wouldn't matter either, leave it off the applications but finish them.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, EDUxplorer, hsfamfun

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice for my 17 year old daughter with over 100 credits done... Computer/IT Focused. - by bjcheung77 - 09-24-2022, 10:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Community College credits to BS? TPierce89 4 258 Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 43 3,150 05-06-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Pierpont BoG to UMPI (YourPace?) - Requesting Planning Advice cmm0889 5 240 05-05-2024, 09:32 PM
Last Post: cmm0889
  Newbie Advice Needed BA. What CLEPs Can I Take? kiick18 5 177 05-01-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Newbiw Advice - Direction - Reality Check OchoNombres 4 278 04-29-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  134 Credits But No Degree! Please Help Me Make Something Useful Out All These Credits CreativeLearner 21 873 04-29-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: CreativeLearner
  question on Ohio University accepting Sophia credits EducationSeeker 5 288 04-25-2024, 10:06 AM
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 187 04-24-2024, 11:43 AM
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 148 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 280 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM