Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Decision - UMPI or Charter Oak
(10-19-2022, 04:15 PM)raycathode Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 09:18 AM)ss20ts Wrote: One thing that may make a difference - and it may not - UMPI is a university whereas COSC is a college. Some people care about this. UMPI has a physical campus and isn't an online school. Some people care about this as well.

I have had people tell me I didn't "go to college." 

What do you mean? I have an associates and a bachelor's.

One person: "I thought that was just a correspondence course or something."

Other person: "Well yeah but
 you can't really say you WENT to [school]." 

Some people I met on a business trip who work within the same field as my wife were giving me career advice to pass onto her and recommend a certain university "because nobody can tell it was an online program." Apparently the perceived need to "hide" that is widespread. It is what it is. 

Another problem is there's an unaccredited for-profit school called Charter College that has a bad reputation. COSC just changed all their branding and colors and by coincidence it now looks similar to Charter College. So there's risk of confusion there. They also started putting emphasis on "Online" in all their marketing. Ugh.

The whole well you didn't set foot on a campus so you didn't go to college is a weird thing to me. I did do the on campus thing and aside from driving to the campus and attending my classes, I did nothing else there. I didn't live there. I was a commuter. I wasn't in clubs. I knew few people. So what exactly is the difference? Aside from not commuting and saving a small fortune? Jealousy? Because they so many hours sitting in these classes that really don't need 15 weeks to be completed? Even now in grad school my terms are 10 weeks long and we cover multiple textbooks. It's still all online. I don't understand what the difference is really. I probably now know more people at my grad school today than I did when I was attending a university in person. At least I'm not sitting in lecture halls with 300+ students and learning pretty much nothing. Those were such a waste of time.

Messages In This Thread
Final Decision - UMPI or Charter Oak - by Ericf - 10-18-2022, 10:37 AM
RE: Final Decision - UMPI or Charter Oak - by ss20ts - 10-20-2022, 07:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 1,499 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  SNHU vs UMPI? Duneranger 10 1,225 09-07-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Excelsior VS Umpi Jennr2z 9 1,658 04-21-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  How do The Big 3 + UMPI Handle >20 Year Old RA Credits? retro 7 1,297 04-13-2022, 05:48 AM
Last Post: LevelUP