Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Coursera IBM AI Developer Professional Certificate - 15 UL credits
#1
I completed the IBM AI Developer Professional Certificate from Coursera and get it evaluated by TESU last month, and being granted the following credits:


CAP-3530 Web Design and Development I
CIS-4999 Special Topics Comp Info Syst
CMP-4510 Artificial Intelligence
CMP-4710 Software Engineering
DSI-4999 Special Topics Data Sci/Analyt

CIS and CMP courses count as BACS AOS Electives UL credits, I am not sure about CAP and DSI though.
[-] The following 4 users Like truthfulness's post:
  • bluebooger, jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, LevelUP
Reply
#2
I am pretty sure that DSI doesn't count for UL in the BACS. Still, that's a good outcome for this Certificate! Congrats.
Reply
#3
(07-20-2026, 02:42 PM)truthfulness Wrote: I completed the IBM AI Developer Professional Certificate from Coursera and get it evaluated by TESU last month, and being granted the following credits:


CAP-3530 Web Design and Development I
CIS-4999 Special Topics Comp Info Syst
CMP-4510 Artificial Intelligence
CMP-4710 Software Engineering
DSI-4999 Special Topics Data Sci/Analyt

CIS and CMP courses count as BACS AOS Electives UL credits, I am not sure about CAP and DSI though.

That's a boatload of UL CS credit!  

I added it to the Coursera Wiki
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

The IBM Generative AI Engineering Professional Certificate looks interesting.  17 credits, all UL!
https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...ngineering
Study.com – Get 10% Off: https://altcredit.click/study10

Degrees: BA Comp Sci; BS Business Admin (CIS); AS Nat Sci & Math — TESU (4.0 GPA)
Certs: Google (IT Support, Digital Marketing, Proj Mgmt); W3Schools PHP
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Reply
#4
coursera
https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...ai#courses

according to ACE

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

Level Credits (SH) Subject
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Artificial Intelligence
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Software Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Web Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 AI Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Data Science

"I am not sure about CAP and DSI though."

its web development and data science

it looks like this is the data science part of the certificate
https://www.coursera.org/learn/python-fo...ai#modules

certainly seems like it should apply to computer science
Reply
#5
(07-20-2026, 08:26 PM)bluebooger Wrote: coursera
https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...ai#courses

according to ACE

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

Level Credits (SH) Subject
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Artificial Intelligence
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Software Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Web Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 AI Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Data Science

"I am not sure about CAP and DSI though."

its web development and data science

it looks like this is the data science part of the certificate            
https://www.coursera.org/learn/python-fo...ai#modules

certainly seems like it should apply to computer science

How long did it take you to complete?
Reply
#6
(07-28-2026, 01:45 PM)Godai Wrote:
(07-20-2026, 08:26 PM)bluebooger Wrote: coursera
https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...ai#courses

according to ACE

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

Level Credits (SH) Subject
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Artificial Intelligence
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Software Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Web Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 AI Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Data Science

"I am not sure about CAP and DSI though."

its web development and data science

it looks like this is the data science part of the certificate            
https://www.coursera.org/learn/python-fo...ai#modules

certainly seems like it should apply to computer science

How long did it take you to complete?
Less than a week. You don't need to go through all of the lectures, you just need to pass the assessments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes truthfulness's post:
  • LevelUP
Reply
#7
(07-28-2026, 06:47 PM)truthfulness Wrote:
(07-28-2026, 01:45 PM)Godai Wrote:
(07-20-2026, 08:26 PM)bluebooger Wrote: coursera
https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...ai#courses

according to ACE

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

Level Credits (SH) Subject
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Artificial Intelligence
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Software Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Web Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 AI Development
Upper-Division Baccalaureate 3 Data Science

"I am not sure about CAP and DSI though."

its web development and data science

it looks like this is the data science part of the certificate            
https://www.coursera.org/learn/python-fo...ai#modules

certainly seems like it should apply to computer science

How long did it take you to complete?
Less than a week. You don't need to go through all of the lectures, you just need to pass the assessments.

Can it be completed quickly? Yes. Is it recommended that you work through some of the practice assessments so that you can pass the 1 or 2 graded quizzes in that module? Absolutely!
TESU
2026: Doctor of Business Admin
UIUC
2026: MS Management
WPUNJ
2027: MS Finance
2024: M.Ed - Educational Leadership
2026: B.S Information Technology
CCAF:
2024: A.A.S - Emergency Management
UMPI:
2024: M.A.O.L
2024: BABA - PM/IS
2023: B.A. - His & Poli Sci
2023: B.L.S. - Mgmt
2023: A.A. - LS
RCSJ:
2022: A.A.A.S. - Soc
2023: A.A.A.S. - His
2023: A.A.A.S. - Phil
2023: A.A.A.S. - Psy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mint Berry Crunch's post:
  • Twrix
Reply
#8
(07-20-2026, 02:42 PM)truthfulness Wrote: I completed the IBM AI Developer Professional Certificate from Coursera and get it evaluated by TESU last month, and being granted the following credits:


CAP-3530 Web Design and Development I
CIS-4999 Special Topics Comp Info Syst
CMP-4510 Artificial Intelligence
CMP-4710 Software Engineering
DSI-4999 Special Topics Data Sci/Analyt

CIS and CMP courses count as BACS AOS Electives UL credits, I am not sure about CAP and DSI though.

 Six (6) Area of Study Electives. Four (4) must be at the 3000-4000 level. Choose from the following:
•             Python Programming (COS-2050)
•             R Programming (COS-2060)
•             C++ Programming (COS-2130)
•             Artificial Intelligence (COS-4510)
•             Management Information Systems (CIS-3010)
•             Database Management (CIS-3110)
•             System Analysis and Design I (CIS-3200)
•             Software Engineering (CIS-3510)
•             Network Technology (CMP-3540).
bro advisor gave me this lists so which courses I can complete by doing IBM ai courses or how many I can complete ? I am doing BACS degree 
Reply
#9
Are the assessments peer graded or ai graded?
Reply
#10
(07-31-2026, 03:52 AM)help-0982 Wrote:
(07-20-2026, 02:42 PM)truthfulness Wrote: I completed the IBM AI Developer Professional Certificate from Coursera and get it evaluated by TESU last month, and being granted the following credits:


CAP-3530 Web Design and Development I
CIS-4999 Special Topics Comp Info Syst
CMP-4510 Artificial Intelligence
CMP-4710 Software Engineering
DSI-4999 Special Topics Data Sci/Analyt

CIS and CMP courses count as BACS AOS Electives UL credits, I am not sure about CAP and DSI though.

 Six (6) Area of Study Electives. Four (4) must be at the 3000-4000 level. Choose from the following:
•             Python Programming (COS-2050)
•             R Programming (COS-2060)
•             C++ Programming (COS-2130)
•             Artificial Intelligence (COS-4510)
•             Management Information Systems (CIS-3010)
•             Database Management (CIS-3110)
•             System Analysis and Design I (CIS-3200)
•             Software Engineering (CIS-3510)
•             Network Technology (CMP-3540).
bro advisor gave me this lists so which courses I can complete by doing IBM ai courses or how many I can complete ? I am doing BACS degree 

IBM AI Developer satisfies several of these requirements already, but look at the wiki for what else you need: 

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
TESU
2026: Doctor of Business Admin
UIUC
2026: MS Management
WPUNJ
2027: MS Finance
2024: M.Ed - Educational Leadership
2026: B.S Information Technology
CCAF:
2024: A.A.S - Emergency Management
UMPI:
2024: M.A.O.L
2024: BABA - PM/IS
2023: B.A. - His & Poli Sci
2023: B.L.S. - Mgmt
2023: A.A. - LS
RCSJ:
2022: A.A.A.S. - Soc
2023: A.A.A.S. - His
2023: A.A.A.S. - Phil
2023: A.A.A.S. - Psy
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IBM SkillsBuild Cybersecurity Certificate Phracker Jacks 5 375 09-29-2026, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  Coursera Google Advanced Data Analytics Professional Certificate jazzcat 1 434 08-29-2026, 11:09 AM
Last Post: matycon
  Coursera IBM Generative AI for Software Developers Specialization jazzcat 5 760 08-22-2026, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Coursera Google Cloud Data Analytics Professional Certificate jazzcat 0 294 08-20-2026, 11:46 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
  Google Cloud Cybersecurity Professional Certificate jazzcat 0 315 08-20-2026, 11:44 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
  Coursera Google Business Intelligence Professional Certificate jazzcat 0 288 08-20-2026, 11:31 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
Information Google AI Professional Certificate animuscerebri 0 498 08-03-2026, 09:21 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri
  ACTFL OPI and WPT to TESU credits stacking park0902 12 3,918 06-04-2026, 08:58 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  BA CS - Metropolia credits transfer boblax 9 2,785 05-17-2026, 11:43 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri
  Upper-level Credits Required for Dual-AOS Bachelor Degree csbachelor 9 2,140 04-25-2026, 11:35 AM
Last Post: KagomeH

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)