Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1/2 the CLEP exams just revised
I've been following the 2018 revision schedule pretty closely, and about 2 months ago a big batch went through an extension. I expected the second batch (set to expire 11/30/2018) to get an extension too but guess what?? They did NOT extend - they all have new exam batch dates!!!

As such, we can assume that 1/2 the CLEP catalog (16 exams) were just revised and are "significantly different" than the earlier editions.

ACE list http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...ICE=300172

The little mouse in the back of my head is wondering how this will play into Modern State's program.
Hmmm thanks for the heads up!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Now that makes sense why my EC advisor told me to get my CLEPs in before Nov 30. I did my last on the 29th! Excelsior is going to be looking at the CLEPs and re-evaluating. This may be important.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cheeseburrito's post:
  • aldusprime
(12-04-2018, 01:02 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: Now that makes sense why my EC advisor told me to get my CLEPs in before Nov 30. I did my last on the 29th! Excelsior is going to be looking at the CLEPs and re-evaluating. This may be important.

Modern States replied on my FB page but not in here- they believe that the content specs haven't changed, however, I'm curious how they would know that. Currently, the College Board website's content specs are unchanged, and a parent in my FB community called and the phone support person told them the website was up to date and accurate. Still..... I'm going with my gut and saying nothing has been updated yet. But, if the content specs remain intact, that will make the current study materials on point. My BIGGEST concern is when they do a spec change- like when Social Science and history deleted all of the psych/anthro/sociology content and beefed up their histories.

I guess we'll know soon enough.
Interesting! I didn't know this and took two CLEP's on the 1st. I apparently took one updated and one regular. I did notice that they were slightly different in the style/presentation.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 2 users Like TexasTink's post:
  • aldusprime, camjenks
(12-04-2018, 04:33 PM)TexasTink Wrote: Interesting! I didn't know this and took two CLEP's on the 1st. I apparently took one updated and one regular. I did notice that they were slightly different in the style/presentation.

Do you mean the questions or answers themselves felt differently? Like different wordings or something? Did you score about as you expected to anyway?

Just curious about this, since I was hoping to take one more exam before Christmas, but it is one of the updated ones and I don’t want to be unprepared or caught off guard if I can help it.
|| TESU English: Senior
(12-05-2018, 10:42 AM)KawJa Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 04:33 PM)TexasTink Wrote: Interesting! I didn't know this and took two CLEP's on the 1st. I apparently took one updated and one regular. I did notice that they were slightly different in the style/presentation.

Do you mean the questions or answers themselves felt like different? Like different wordings or something? Did you score about as you expected to anyway?

Just curious about this, since I was hoping to take one more exam before Christmas, but it is one of the updated ones and I don’t want to be unprepared or caught off guard if I can help it.
The wording and questions all seemed like my other tests. I didn’t notice any difference in that regards, although I didn’t know the test had changed at the time. The look of the test was a little different, but it didn’t change the actual format or navigation of the test.

I took two tests - Social Sciences and English Lit. It seems like the SS was not updated and the Eng Lit was based on the link. I was very surprised by the questions and percentage of topics for the SS, but I’m guessing that was more my fault in not understanding the breakdown. I honestly thought that was the one that was changed. I thought I had failed or just barely passed, but I ended up passing by a large margin. I’m still not sure how that happened! The English Lit seemed to stick to the breakdown of topics that were there before. If anything, it seemed slightly more geared towards analyzing and interpreting than the breakdown stated. But that may have just been my particular test. That one was easier than I was expecting and I passed by a larger measure than I had thought.

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 3 users Like TexasTink's post:
  • camjenks, cookderosa, KawJa
(12-05-2018, 04:44 PM)TexasTink Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 04:33 PM)TexasTink Wrote: Interesting!  I didn't know this and took two CLEP's on the 1st.  I apparently took one updated and one regular.  I did notice that they were slightly different in the style/presentation.

Do you mean the questions or answers themselves felt like different? Like different wordings or something? Did you score about as you expected to anyway?

The wording and questions all seemed like my other tests. I didn’t notice any difference in that regards, although I didn’t know the test had changed at the time. The look of the test was a little different, but it didn’t change the actual format or navigation of the test.

I took two tests - Social Sciences and English Lit. It seems like the SS was not updated and the Eng Lit was based on the link. I was very surprised by the questions and percentage of topics for the SS, but I’m guessing that was more my fault in not understanding the breakdown. I honestly thought that was the one that was changed. I thought I had failed or just barely passed, but I ended up passing by a large margin. I’m still not sure how that happened!  The English Lit seemed to stick to the breakdown of topics that were there before.  If anything, it seemed slightly more geared towards analyzing and interpreting than the breakdown stated. But that may have just been my particular test. That one was easier than I was expecting and I passed by a larger measure than I had thought.

I have a History 1 CLEP coming up.  How long did you need to study to pass it?  How far off are the study guides from the test questions?
BSNS - Excelsior College - 2019

AASIO - Cochise College - 2012

(12-06-2018, 12:36 AM)TheMaskedMutant Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 04:33 PM)TexasTink Wrote: Interesting!  I didn't know this and took two CLEP's on the 1st.  I apparently took one updated and one regular.  I did notice that they were slightly different in the style/presentation.

I took two tests - Social Sciences and English Lit. It seems like the SS was not updated and the Eng Lit was based on the link. I was very surprised by the questions and percentage of topics for the SS, but I’m guessing that was more my fault in not understanding the breakdown. I honestly thought that was the one that was changed. I thought I had failed or just barely passed, but I ended up passing by a large margin. I’m still not sure how that happened!  The English Lit seemed to stick to the breakdown of topics that were there before.  If anything, it seemed slightly more geared towards analyzing and interpreting than the breakdown stated. But that may have just been my particular test. That one was easier than I was expecting and I passed by a larger measure than I had thought.

I have a History 1 CLEP coming up.  How long did you need to study to pass it?  How far off are the study guides from the test questions?

I highly recommend https://www.instantcertonline.com for CLEP prep. You'll also get access to the forum here on DF. Plenty of the threads have 300+ reviews/replies with insight into each test. I passed 2 CLEPs in November using the forum and study cards.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
(12-06-2018, 12:36 AM)TheMaskedMutant Wrote:

I took that CLEP almost 11 years ago, so I’m not sure how much help I can be. I studied about 2 weeks for it. I think I used a REA CLEP guide and a history textbook for it. I find the REA guides to be great prep and helpful in the questions they have. Pretty similar to the tests.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 373 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,756 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 507 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,847 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,411 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 852 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,314 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
Information New Batch of Microsoft Exams are now ACE(data, cloud, cs, UL) MNomadic 5 1,402 04-05-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: jch
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,643 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Cambridge International Exams - A Level or AS Level exams Lydclrk 1 720 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM
Last Post: nyvrem