Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Bachelors = BLS & BA OR BABA - possible?
Someone private messaged me on the other board and asked about UMPI, double degree option.  If I recall correctly, similar to some schools, UMPI doesn't award a BLS as a second degree if you already have a general studies or liberal arts degree, you'll have to go for a BA or BABA with a concentration or major.  But they will allow the BLS as the first degree and you can get a BA or BABA with a concentration later.

I'm guessing some schools like COSC or Excelsior is the same thing, if you have a BALA or BSLA from Excelsior, they will not allow another Liberal Arts degree, but the workaround is to actually have a BA liberal arts or general studies degree from somewhere else, they'll allow you to get another Bachelors in liberal arts/general studies.  The reason is because the concentration in the new degree would be different, hmm... so anyways...

Does anyone know if UMPI allow two degrees? If so, which degree goes first? I assume it's the BLS then you can do the BA or BABA, but no the other way around... such as a BA/BABA first and then a BLS, I wonder if the concentration is different, if they allow that... well, maybe it's best to get them to shoot off an email to UMPI.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • deucess
No, you have it backward, based on what ss20ts has said. The liberal studies degree is the terminal degree. You're not allowed to continue after that. They might let you do a BA or BABA first and then a BLS but not the other way around.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Edit.
Sorry, I posted here by mistake.

Take a look at this: https://online.glyndwr.ac.uk/msc-computer-science/
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
Is that accredited? The price point is wonderful and they have a masters degree there I'd love to have!
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

(03-11-2021, 09:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Someone private messaged me on the other board and asked about UMPI, double degree option.  If I recall correctly, similar to some schools, UMPI doesn't award a BLS as a second degree if you already have a general studies or liberal arts degree, you'll have to go for a BA or BABA with a concentration or major.  But they will allow the BLS as the first degree and you can get a BA or BABA with a concentration later.

Does anyone know if UMPI allow two degrees? If so, which degree goes first? I assume it's the BLS then you can do the BA or BABA, but no the other way around... such as a BA/BABA first and then a BLS, I wonder if the concentration is different, if they allow that... well, maybe it's best to get them to shoot off an email to UMPI.

You are all kinds of jumbled up. UMPI allows second degrees in certain situations. If you've come from another school, it's bit different. If you'e degrees are completed at UMPI, you cannot go for a second degree if you have competed their BLS because it's a terminal degree. You also need to go for completely different degrees. Like you can complete the BA in Business Administration/Project Management and then complete a BA in English. You cannot complete another BA in Business Administration in another concentration. I was also told that I could not complete the BUS in Business Administration (no matter the concentration) then go for the BLS because there's too much overlap with the concentrations and minors. 

You should tell your friend to join the forum and ask the questions here. Much easier than relaying the info. 

(03-12-2021, 11:45 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Is that accredited? The price point is wonderful and they have a masters degree there I'd love to have!

You've already applied to UMPI! 
I've applied to UMPI for a bachelor's. I'm asking about a masters. These are different degrees.

You seem so negative to my questions when I'm just trying to learn how things work.
Current Degree Programs:
Up Next 

(03-12-2021, 12:29 PM)TINASAM Wrote: I've applied to UMPI for a bachelor's. I'm asking about a masters. These are different degrees.

You seem so negative to my questions when I'm just trying to learn how things work.

Not negative at all. BLS and BA are all bachelor's degrees. This thread is about bachelor's degrees at UMPI. UMPI only has 1 master's degree - the MAOL. You can read about the MAOl here:

https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/maol/
I was replying to AsianPHD, who posted a master's degree link.
Miscommunication.

Think I'm going to just go on read only here and stop posting.
Current Degree Programs:
Up Next 

(03-12-2021, 12:39 PM)TINASAM Wrote: I was replying to AsianPHD, who posted a master's degree link.
Miscommunication.

Check out the graduate degree section. AsianPHD reposted the link in a thread there. That'd be a good place for questions about it.  Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • TINASAM
(03-12-2021, 12:39 PM)TINASAM Wrote: I was replying to AsianPHD, who posted a master's degree link.
Miscommunication.

It helps if you reply to the person and include their post so we know what specifically you're responding to. There were some comments between your post and theirs. Go check out the grad section. There's a whole area about grad schools. It's easy to spend hours on there checking things out. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick UMPI BABA to BAS switch denied anthonyk02 12 865 02-24-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  BABA v BLS Project Management - All Sophia Jbpooles1024 5 810 02-04-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan Help (Advice) 4KJB 1 523 01-18-2024, 08:10 PM
  UMPI BABA Inquiry jeremyeugenejames 5 624 12-20-2023, 10:41 PM
  Need Help With BABA Marketing Class selection rrrr 5 487 12-17-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Second bachelors pacing and options Junco 4 510 12-16-2023, 10:03 PM
  BABA MAT 140 Requirement and Learning Objective 3A, 3B - Covered by Sophia Calculus? FM1 13 1,156 12-14-2023, 04:56 PM
Last Post: ishady
  UMPI BABA Degree Plan, did I miss anything? tlassit018 10 928 10-25-2023, 09:12 PM
Last Post: tlassit018
  BABA in Management and Leadership course difficulty ranking BigJohn1975 12 1,456 10-04-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  UMPI BABA LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT PROGRAM. Gijaodola 20 1,611 09-17-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: CCCollege