Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Forgery
This is an article reportedly written by someone who forges university degrees for a living.
Can You Forge a University Degree? (vice.com)
Ouch. I certainly would not risk forging a diploma for something to do with the government. That's taking a huge risk of getting arrested and/or deported.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-26-2021, 07:10 AM)Alpha Wrote: This is an article reportedly written by someone who forges university degrees for a living.
Can You Forge a University Degree? (vice.com)

Once you have a good quality scan of the degree, it is quite easy to forge the degree.

It is a bit of an art form making it look good so even when you zoom into the document down to the pixel, you can't tell that the name has been changed.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
The thing is, this is just a forged document. Companies already know about this - they don't ask you for a copy of your diploma, they ask you what school you graduated from and the date - and then go look it up on the National Clearinghouse. Or if they are serious about the coursework you took, they ask for you to have a transcript sent to them directly from the school.

I guess if it was 1996, this might make more sense to pay for.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • harrypotter
Reasons why Student Clearinghouse & registrar degree verification are important.
BABA, New England College, 2019
(04-27-2021, 04:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The thing is, this is just a forged document.  Companies already know about this - they don't ask you for a copy of your diploma, they ask you what school you graduated from and the date - and then go look it up on the National Clearinghouse.  Or if they are serious about the coursework you took, they ask for you to have a transcript sent to them directly from the school.

I agree with all of that.  But at the same time, if you pick a known degree mill and start searching, you can find people who have used these "degrees" to get jobs and there continue to be people who are outed and lose their jobs as a result of having some sort of fraudulent degree.  So as easy as it might be to check, we know that a lot of employers simply don't check.  There will always be scammers.
Manchester man used fake academic credentials to get NJDOT job (app.com)
(04-28-2021, 10:41 AM)Alpha Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 04:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The thing is, this is just a forged document.  Companies already know about this - they don't ask you for a copy of your diploma, they ask you what school you graduated from and the date - and then go look it up on the National Clearinghouse.  Or if they are serious about the coursework you took, they ask for you to have a transcript sent to them directly from the school.

I agree with all of that.  But at the same time, if you pick a known degree mill and start searching, you can find people who have used these "degrees" to get jobs and there continue to be people who are outed and lose their jobs as a result of having some sort of fraudulent degree.  So as easy as it might be to check, we know that a lot of employers simply don't check.  There will always be scammers.

It's one thing to forge a degree for personal use or for fun. It's another to buy a forged degree or forge it yourself to get a job in the U.S.

1. It's against the law in most states, you could have to pay a fine or go to jail.
  2. Your reputation is everything, something like this could damage your career if you are a serious professional.  You could lose your ability to get a professional license in the state.
  3. You expose yourself to legal liability which could be an unlimited liability.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(04-28-2021, 11:55 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 10:41 AM)Alpha Wrote:

It's one thing to forge a degree for personal use or for fun.  It's another to buy a forged degree or forge it yourself to get a job in the U.S.

1. It's against the law in most states, you could have to pay a fine or go to jail.
  2. Your reputation is everything, something like this could damage your career if you are a serious professional.  You could lose your ability to get a professional license in the state.
  3. You expose yourself to legal liability which could be an unlimited liability.
I agree with all of that, especially #2.
LOL, interesting - I remember way back when, someone or an acquaintance of mine had a photo shop file of a degree created. They needed a quality printer to actually print the darn thing out and was asking me where to get one of those printers... I told them not to do it. Essentially that person was an international student that came over to study, didn't graduate as they were missing just a few courses and had to return home. A few years later, they actually thanked me as they took their time to finish the final few courses and had a real degree to show for it!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 574 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 508 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 538 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 944 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 966 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  History of Degree "Hacking" collegehacked 8 2,747 07-13-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: collegehacked
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,665 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  For Sale: Southeastern US Bachelor Degree Granting College bjcheung77 6 1,994 06-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: lillingworth
  How has your degree improved your life? kevinmane 21 6,458 03-12-2020, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Zo_ey
  College degree required to work at a factory? sanantone 1 1,440 12-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Last Post: CatsDomino