Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 yr Assocaite Degree through COSC plan
I copied this from another site, hope no rules are getting broken. I'm curious how viable this plan is? I already have over 30 FEMA credits and not sure how applicable they are with COSC and a 2 yr AD.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you
--------------------------------------------------

ALEKS – $20 for one month. Finish both courses in that amount of time and that’s all you’ll have to pay. Total: $20 for 6 credits.
College Algebra – 3 credits
Intro to Statistics – 3 credits

Saylor – Proctored final exams cost $25 each. Total: $100 for 12 credits.
POLSCI201 Intro to Western Political Thought – 3 credits
POLSCI221 Intro to Comparative Politics – 3 credits
BIO101 Intro to Molecular and Cellular Biology – 3 credits
CHEM101 General Chemistry I – 3 credits

Straighterline – If you finish all three courses in a month, you’ll only have to pay $99 in subscription fees, plus the per-course cost. Total: $246 for 7 credits.
United States History I – 3 credits – $49
Western Civilization I – 3 credits – $49
Intro to Biology Lab – 1 credit – $49

CLEP & DSST – the exam cost is $80 for all exams, and some testing centers charge additional fees. Total: $240 for 12 credits.
CLEP College Composition – 6 credits
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature – 3 credits
DSST Public Speaking – 3 credits

Charter Oak State College Cornerstone Course – required for graduation. $1089 for 3 credits if you’re paying out of state tuition.

So far we have 40 credits, and we’ve satisfied all of COSC’s general education requirements for an Associate’s degree. All we need to do now is earn 20 more elective credits.

Start with 6 credits in cybersecurity from TEEX for free, and then 2 credits in ethics (also free). That’s 8. Just need 12 more. Pick any four approved-for-credit courses from saylor.org for $25 each, and we’re done for $100 total for 20 credits worth of electives.

Source: Get an Associate’s Degree for less than $2500 | Follow My What?
I don't know anything about COSC's costs, just the courses.

The Intro to Bio Lab at SL costs money for the lab kit itself, $98 plus shipping.

You could take more ALEKS courses in that one month: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Precalculus - all count at COSC.

You can take Intro to Communication at SL instead of the DSST, that will save you some money if you get it done in the same month you're already paying for SL.

NFA has 3 free courses (Q0118, Q137, Q0318) 1cr each, ACE-approved.

You can also take some 6-cr or 9-cr CLEP exams (French, German or Spanish, Natural Sciences, Bio, Chem, Social Sciences & History) or the 6-cr Criminial Justice DSST exam if COSC will give 6cr for it.

Those will all save money for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I have a COSC AS degree using FEMA in my signature that is much more up to date.

I didn't look closely, but question the following:
Ethics (need 3 credits I don't know where you will find a pare single ethics course)
Those sciences, especially through Saylor are gonna be tough for most people. You might be the exception.
I don't see anything that meets "Global" (maybe the comparative politics?)
There are easier Social Sciences I think
You only need 3 credits in Math not 6, though anything over 3 is a nice liberal arts elective

The cornerstone is $1200, there is a $75 application fee, and $245 enrollment fee, and a $205 graduation fee

At least 30 credits must be 'liberal arts" (History, science, math, social science, etc... for an AS
At least 45 must be "liberal arts" for an AA
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
The answers are at your fingertips. You can only apply about 20 FEMA credits to your AA.
You just need to ask yourself, are you going for a Bachelors after that? If no, you're good.
If yes, the FEMA credits are pretty maxed out with the AA, your only issue is finding acceptable area of study upper level courses.

Fees: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...t_fees.cfm
Requirements: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...uirements/
General Education: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ements.cfm
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,932 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,159 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,822 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,622 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,753 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,673 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,943 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,939 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM