2012 DOD pass rates - CLEP & DSST
CLEP:

http://www.dantes.doded.mil/Sub%20Pages/...sRates.pdf

DSST:

http://www.dantes.doded.mil/Sub%20Pages/...sRates.pdf

Of course, YMMV.

Shawn
Awesome, thanks! Love these!
On the CLEP side it looks like the computer tests are easier than the pen & paper tests. It also looks like you should stay away from Chemistry, and apparently Spanish is a give me tests ( Smile I'm assuming a lot of native speakers must be taking this test.).

On the DSST side some tests are easier as computer based tests but others are harder, so nothing to go on. Principles of Supervision looks like the give me test on the DSST side, and it looks like you should stay away from Business Mathematics. And what is the deal with Principles of Public Speaking?
Keep in mind for Supervision there are many many schools that teach supervision as you rank up. Average start at 3 years in the services.
Thanks for sharing.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
:coolgleam: Thanks for posting those! And do they not offer some tests on paper? Several DSSTs are missing from the list. I would've liked to see MME and Soviet Union :p

Daithi Wrote:And what is the deal with Principles of Public Speaking?
That's what I was wondering.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Just computed something.

For CLEPs and DSSTs combined, the total tests taken (by members of the DOD) in 2009 was 70,312. In 2012, it was 94,604. That's a 34.55% increase in tests taken. Not too shabby. (tried getting the info for 2011, but couldn't access the pdfs. I'll have to search for it later)

Something tells me that "testing out" is becoming a more popular option (at least by the members of the DOD). Slowly but surely... slowly but surely.
MME and Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union are on page 2.
Publius Wrote:Just computed something.

For CLEPs and DSSTs combined, the total tests taken (by members of the DOD) in 2009 was 70,770. In 2012, it was 94,604. That's a 33.68% increase in tests taken. Not too shabby. (tried getting the info for 2011, but couldn't access the pdfs. I'll have to search for it later)

Something tells me that "testing out" is becoming a more popular option (at least by the members of the DOD). Slowly but surely... slowly but surely.

Probably because the tuition assistance cap hasn't been increased in ten years. It's getting harder and harder to find schools under the cap.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Shawn A Wrote:CLEP:

http://www.dantes.doded.mil/Sub Pages/Ex...sRates.pdf

DSST:

http://www.dantes.doded.mil/Sub Pages/Ex...sRates.pdf

Of course, YMMV.

Shawn

I was wondering when these were going to come out. I was searching the site weekly.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 514 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Why Those Super Low College Admissions Rates Can Be Misleading LevelUP 0 739 04-25-2023, 05:54 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,480 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Highest and Lowest Divorce Rates by Occupation sanantone 14 2,296 09-04-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,856 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Suicide Rates by Industry and Occupation for Men and Women sanantone 0 344 09-01-2022, 11:02 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 859 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,328 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  College dropout rates gams007 9 966 05-01-2022, 08:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,190 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry