Saylor
BUS103: Intro to Financial Accounting
BUS105: Managerial Accounting
BUS205: Business Law
Comp Science I or II
BUS203: Principles of Marketing
BUS208: Principles of Management
BUS210: Corporate Communication
Principles of Finance (UL, so take a LL one then use this in UL AOS)
Org Behavior (LL AOS)
BUS402: Project Management (UL AOS)
BUS300: Operations Management (UL AOS)
BUS206: Management Information Systems

OnlineDegree
BS101: Intro to Marketing & Strategy
BS102: Intro to Accounting & Finance
EC101: Intro to Microeconomics

Davar Academy "Business Class"
ACCT-301: Intro to Accounting (Financial Accounting)
ACCT-302: Accounting for Management (Managerial Accounting)
LAW-201: Business Law
MAN-101: Principles of Management
MAR-101: Intro to Marketing
MAN-390: Managerial Communications
ECO-302: Macroeconomics
ECO-301: Microeconomics
MAN-310: Organizational Behavior (UL AOS)
MAN-401: Advanced Strategic Management and Business Policy (UL AOS)
MAN-330: International Management (UL AOS)
MAR-330: Principles of Sales (UL AOS)
FIN-301: Intro to Finance (UL AOS)
FIN-401: Corporate Finance (UL AOS)
FIN-401: Multinational Business Finance (UL AOS)
CIS-315: Management Information Systems (UL AOS)

Obviously you can complete the entire degree with Study.com.  There's also SL, although no UL business courses there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Is it cheaper to get a second degree from TESU though? Masters should probably be better
(11-13-2019, 02:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For the BSBA/2nd Degree, here are your cheapest options

FREE

CLEP via ModernStates
College Algebra (for Quant Lit)
Financial Accounting
Business law
Computer
Management
Marketing
Microecon
Macroecon

Cheap

ALEKS
College Algebra
Statistics

Saylor
BUS103: Intro to Financial Accounting
BUS105: Managerial Accounting
BUS205: Business Law
Comp Science I or II
BUS203: Principles of Marketing
BUS208: Principles of Management
BUS210: Corporate Communication
Principles of Finance (UL, so take a LL one then use this in UL AOS)
Org Behavior (LL AOS)
BUS402: Project Management (UL AOS)
BUS300: Operations Management (UL AOS)
BUS206: Management Information Systems

OnlineDegree
BS101: Intro to Marketing & Strategy
BS102: Intro to Accounting & Finance
EC101: Intro to Microeconomics

Davar Academy "Business Class"
ACCT-301: Intro to Accounting (Financial Accounting)
ACCT-302: Accounting for Management (Managerial Accounting)
LAW-201: Business Law
MAN-101: Principles of Management
MAR-101: Intro to Marketing
MAN-390: Managerial Communications
ECO-302: Macroeconomics
ECO-301: Microeconomics
MAN-310: Organizational Behavior (UL AOS)
MAN-401: Advanced Strategic Management and Business Policy (UL AOS)
MAN-330: International Management (UL AOS)
MAR-330: Principles of Sales (UL AOS)
FIN-301: Intro to Finance (UL AOS)
FIN-401: Corporate Finance (UL AOS)
FIN-401: Multinational Business Finance (UL AOS)
CIS-315: Management Information Systems (UL AOS)

Obviously you can complete the entire degree with Study.com.  There's also SL, although no UL business courses there.
Thank you. I appreciate this.

I prefer all except SDC. What is your advice regarding Saylor and Davar, are they fast to complete - for example accounting or business classs? Esp the UL classes? Will they be a lot of papers or East to just pass with a passing score?
(11-13-2019, 04:23 PM)eradreede Wrote: I prefer all except SDC. What is your advice regarding Saylor and Davar, are they fast to complete - for example accounting or business classs? Esp the UL classes? Will they be a lot of papers or East to just pass with a passing score?

Saylor has no papers or assignments, you simply have to pass the "for credit" final with a passing score.

The courses themselves are a bit of a mixed bag, some are OK and others are pretty bad. The nice part is that you get access to all the course materials for free, so if you start and find it's not good, you can simply move on. The materials are often scattered around the web, which makes them a bit disjointed, with shifts in terminology and some repetition. You may also encounter broken links or rearranged pages that don't match the instructions. The material also often ends up not being focused so that you spend a lot of time studying things that aren't on the exam. As far as the exam goes, some of them have errors, outdated info, or ambiguous questions. Not many people have taken a lot of the business courses, because there are so many other choices for them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Quote:MAN-390: Managerial Communications

This Davar course transfers to TESU as a 200 levle course, not that it matters.

I passed the Davar's Finance & communication courses with a few hours of reviewing the chapter quizzes and the powerpoints. It's pretty easy. Sometimes info in the Mult Choice can help you with the essays.

I don't like Davar because of the essay questions personally, but I had more courses than I could get from SDC in my desired time frame, so I picked two from Davar.
it's still very unclear why anyone would waste time on this and not a masters

i'm saying this as someone who has 2 bachelors and would do a third if i could still get my employer to pay for it... but that's because it wouldn't be on my dime and i apparently have developed a weird hobby. as far as utility, this seems like a waste as far as time, money, and opportunity cost goes.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • akr680
(11-13-2019, 07:26 PM)davewill Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 04:23 PM)eradreede Wrote: I prefer all except SDC. What is your advice regarding Saylor and Davar, are they fast to complete - for example accounting or business classs? Esp the UL classes? Will they be a lot of papers or East to just pass with a passing score?

Saylor has no papers or assignments, you simply have to pass the "for credit" final with a passing score.

The courses themselves are a bit of a mixed bag, some are OK and others are pretty bad. The nice part is that you get access to all the course materials for free, so if you start and find it's not good, you can simply move on. The materials are often scattered around the web, which makes them a bit disjointed, with shifts in terminology and some repetition. You may also encounter broken links or rearranged pages that don't match the instructions. The material also often ends up not being focused so that you spend a lot of time studying things that aren't on the exam. As far as the exam goes, some of them have errors, outdated info, or ambiguous questions. Not many people have taken a lot of the business courses, because there are so many other choices for them.
Thanks. But how can you take the BSBA UL courses from saylor or Davar??? 

And can you like pass it even if you score low on the exam like what I heard for Straighterline where as long as you pass the mpdules you’ll pass the exam or even if you score low as long as you make 70???0
(11-14-2019, 12:30 AM)jsd Wrote: it's still very unclear why anyone would waste time on this and not a masters

i'm saying this as someone who has 2 bachelors and would do a third if i could still get my employer to pay for it... but that's because it wouldn't be on my dime and i apparently have developed a weird hobby. as far as utility, this seems like a waste as far as time, money, and opportunity cost goes.

I need a bachelor's degree in something business related to qualify for a job that I want.  I wouldn't bother otherwise.

A MBA would require significant more cash and effort and generally I feel like MBA's aren't overly useful unless from a top tier school.
A 6 month MBA from WGU would be cheaper than a TESU second bachelors, and while not as useful as a top-tier MBA, it's still a better degree than a lower level degree at an equally non-prestigous Big 3 school. Courses might be a little more effort, but you'd have like 50% less courses to take (and honestly I'm not so sure WGU's MBA program is all that grueling, though I can't speak from experience)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • akr680
Does DAVAR or Saylor offer these?

1.   Principles of Healthcare Management 
2.   MAN-415 Change Management 
3.   Negotiations and Conflict Management 
4.   Healthcare Legal and Ethical Considerations 
5.   Healthcare Quality and Outcomes: Measurement and Management 
6.   MAN-373 Managerial Communications 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 452 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 427 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 442 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,266 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 246 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,181 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 226 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 355 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 352 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az