Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 credits for knowing a Foreign Language ($275)
mickey20 Wrote:Nightmoves5,

Thank you for explaining~ how long did it take for OPIc evaluation and transferring to Ace?

You're very welcome! It took just a couple of days to be evaluated but over a week for it to reflect on my ACE transcript.
My daughter has her test appointment at 9am Pacific today. She is very excited about the credit possibility for the written and verbal exams. Thanks again for the information share!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:My daughter has her test appointment at 9am Pacific today. She is very excited about the credit possibility for the written and verbal exams. Thanks again for the information share!

Awesome Big Grin best of luck to her and let us know how it went!
Official scores came in and my daughter scored Advance Mid Level on both the Written & Oral exams for a total of:

18 Credits (12 lower & 6 Upper)

Of course my daughter is looking at the 6 Upper Level credits that got away but overall is really happy. Our 9 year old was so inspired by the score he wants to get a shot at it. We asked if he would not mind, to hold off a couple years because we are not sure how many questions they will have on Xbox & Virtual Reality Games - his current expertise Wink

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[Image: farside-hopeful-parents.gif]
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
This was my wife with our older boy now a freshman in high school. His love for school light didn't turn on until around 12 so she was worried. He still loves the game but owned Junior High & is starting off like a rock star in High School. He claims that games lik No Man's Sky (exploring & gathering) helped him to develop an excellent memory & love of science (that was his actually pitch to get the game! I have all my chips in on him doing something epic in the world. My pitch as a kid was Please Please Pretty Please Wink

davewill Wrote:[Image: farside-hopeful-parents.gif]

This is hilarious lol.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
NightMoves5 - I'm resurrecting this thread, because I have a friend who's interested. When I go to the ACTFL website, and look at the WPT, and click on "schedule a test", it takes me to ProFluent. It does this for every test (Listening, Reading, Writing, and Oral), but the ProFluent website looks like it only tests for the OPIc. They all also say the same price of $95.

Can you please confirm that this is correct? Or let me know how you were able to schedule the WPF, RPT & LPT?

I also tried searching for Sylvan testing centers, but only Sylvan Learning Centers or Prometric Testing Centers comes up. If I go to Prometric, the ACTFL is not an option on their website to look at the exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Did you ever figure out how to register, dfrecore?
Hi and do excuse the late reply! The test is administered by LTI, so you need to register using their website https://www.languagetesting.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,538 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,957 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 719 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Blacklisted foreign universities in Nigeria Imbanewbie 1 371 01-13-2024, 03:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,261 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 526 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 461 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 409 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Best Foreign Credentials Evaluator Service mariobros1985 10 1,114 11-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Chankosumo
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,841 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff