Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60 ECTS Masters Degrees
From the accreditation page:

“Woolf University affiliate subsidiaries are legally separate entities, which are individually accredited at the institutional and/or program level in their relevant jurisdictions while sharing a unified Quality Assurance Policy.”

I understand Woolf to be akin to a Courses, EdX, or perhaps an upGrad (at least as far as their partnerships go). It seems like they are a marketing organization, educational platform provider, and customer service organization, but not primarily (if at all) a content provider. They make a lot about their “collegiate” structure and mention a number of universities, including the University of California, with similar structures. My understanding is they are describing here the University of California system which I don’t believe is accredited. What are accredited are the numerous constituent universities (Berkeley, LA, Merced), etc.  If this is the case, you wouldn’t expect Woolf itself to be accredited.

For someone in the US or Canada, I don’t know if it would be more appropriate to list on one’s resume, Woolf, the constituent college/content provider, or both.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
(11-30-2022, 07:14 AM)salko23 Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:21 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: OK, Woolf University confuses me. They are based out of Wisconsin, and they are allegedly accredited through various agencies in Europe and Canada, but they are not accredited at all within the United States? Is this a legitimate school or are they hiding behind various layers of obfuscation to hide the fact that they might be a degree mill? And, please everyone, reply with actual facts only, not personal feelings. Don't want to turn this into another ENEB discussion about personal feelings, just want pure factual data.

Hi, I have relatively good knowledge about the recognition of diplomas in Europe, especially in the European Union (EU), because I have experience in the field of accreditation of higher education institutions and programs in Europe.
Basically, in the countries of the European Union, there is usually only one body responsible for the accreditation of university institutions and their departments-faculties. So if a course is accredited in one country of the European Union(e.g. Portugal), the diploma that is issued is usually automatically recognized in the other country of the European Union(e.g. Austria). They only check if the degree is in the system, and you get the confirmation. In Austria this takes 10-15 minutes, and with that confirmation you have the right to include the obtained title (BA, BSc, MA, MSc, Dr., PhD, ETC.) in your personal document.
As for the WOOLF, I have information about them because a friend of mine will start working with them soon and during the process I was involved as a consultant. 
In the European Union they have the accreditation as a Higher Education Institution of the maltese accreditation agency (http://qualifications.ncfhe.gov.mt/#/ins...earch=true). This is the only official authority in Malta that deals with higher education accreditation. Malta is part of the EU, so they are legally an institution of the European Union.
For the diploma to be recognized, in addition to institutional accreditation, it is necessary that the programs offered are also accredited. And this is the most important thing, it is not enough that only the institution is accredited.
Accredited institutions and programs are normally listed online by accreditation agencies, with the exact date until when the accreditation is valid and has the right to be offered.
So far all the programs offered by WOOLF are accredited, you can find the list here:
http://qualifications.ncfhe.gov.mt/#/qua...earch=true

Regarding the evaluation in Canada and the USA, normally there shouldn't be any problems. Because we are talking about official degrees that are officially accredited in the EU. 

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer them.
Are there any discounts or scholarships offered to students?
(11-30-2022, 01:54 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:21 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: OK, Woolf University confuses me. They are based out of Wisconsin, and they are allegedly accredited through various agencies in Europe and Canada, but they are not accredited at all within the United States? Is this a legitimate school or are they hiding behind various layers of obfuscation to hide the fact that they might be a degree mill? And, please everyone, reply with actual facts only, not personal feelings. Don't want to turn this into another ENEB discussion about personal feelings, just want pure factual data.

Hi, I have relatively good knowledge about the recognition of diplomas in Europe, especially in the European Union (EU), because I have experience in the field of accreditation of higher education institutions and programs in Europe.
Basically, in the countries of the European Union, there is usually only one body responsible for the accreditation of university institutions and their departments-faculties. So if a course is accredited in one country of the European Union(e.g. Portugal), the diploma that is issued is usually automatically recognized in the other country of the European Union(e.g. Austria). They only check if the degree is in the system, and you get the confirmation. In Austria this takes 10-15 minutes, and with that confirmation you have the right to include the obtained title (BA, BSc, MA, MSc, Dr., PhD, ETC.) in your personal document.
As for the WOOLF, I have information about them because a friend of mine will start working with them soon and during the process I was involved as a consultant. 
In the European Union they have the accreditation as a Higher Education Institution of the maltese accreditation agency (http://qualifications.ncfhe.gov.mt/#/ins...earch=true). This is the only official authority in Malta that deals with higher education accreditation. Malta is part of the EU, so they are legally an institution of the European Union.
For the diploma to be recognized, in addition to institutional accreditation, it is necessary that the programs offered are also accredited. And this is the most important thing, it is not enough that only the institution is accredited.
Accredited institutions and programs are normally listed online by accreditation agencies, with the exact date until when the accreditation is valid and has the right to be offered.
So far all the programs offered by WOOLF are accredited, you can find the list here:

Regarding the evaluation in Canada and the USA, normally there shouldn't be any problems. Because we are talking about official degrees that are officially accredited in the EU. 

Well as I said, I'm not involved in the admissions process. But of course I can ask and let you know.
(11-30-2022, 01:54 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote:

Hi, there will be the possibility of a scholarship of up to 40%.
(12-11-2022, 04:55 PM)salko23 Wrote: Hi, there will be the possibility of a scholarship of up to 40%.

Thanks for letting me know!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 321 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 273 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 494 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 266 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,098 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,974 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,629 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 521 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,591 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,135 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat