Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A path to 18?
I started this thread. Some schools are only about $650 a course, but that is still $4000 to get 6 courses. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...per-credit

(03-13-2018, 07:18 AM)cookderosa Wrote: While I can't say for sure, I'm still pretty sure you're better off with an 18 credit bundle in the same prefix, if for no other reason than you'll likely be up against people with full degrees in that prefix.

Do you know if the schools will consider non-graded grad credits? It would be prior learning credit on an RA school transcript. I would guess that they would ask me all sorts of questions about how it was obtained, which I don't want.

(03-27-2018, 07:27 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 07:18 AM)cookderosa Wrote: While I can't say for sure, I'm still pretty sure you're better off with an 18 credit bundle in the same prefix, if for no other reason than you'll likely be up against people with full degrees in that prefix.

Do you know if the schools will consider non-graded grad credits? It would be prior learning credit on an RA school transcript. I would guess that they would ask me all sorts of questions about how it was obtained, which I don't want.

We're getting out past my experience here- but I will say that sometimes official transcripts are sent to HR, but that may or may not even be part of the interview process- I can think of 2 times I was asked to send transcripts after my interview as a formality, so in that case, I am 99% sure the person doing the interview didn't see my transcripts. OTOH, there is a local community college that asked me to upload my transcripts with my initial application (adjunct faculty pool) which are "in my file" and I have once before received a request to fill a section (I declined) but that was without even so much as an interview, so.... honestly, I wouldn't stress over something so minor. If you get the credits, you've got the credits - celebrate!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a path from the Walden Tempo General Psych masters to a licensable degree? studyingfortests 24 3,392 08-23-2021, 01:47 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Never give up! My path to MBA and beyond. Kaskadian 39 11,976 08-16-2020, 10:08 AM
Last Post: mrskitty
  My current Masters path vetvso 11 2,588 03-26-2019, 06:44 PM
Last Post: mysonx3