Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity!
Its wonderful achievement. Congrats
(04-30-2021, 01:48 PM)jsd Wrote: While the term doesn't officially end until 5/8, I just received the final grade of my last project for the whole program.

I somehow pulled off a 4.0 for the whole degree, and my Masters in Cybersecurity (Policy) is (unofficially) complete!

Kind of amazing that this repeated college dropout who didn't take any schooling seriously until just a few years ago, decades after someone my age should have been well past all of that, has been able to pull this off... but here I am. Maybe I'll make a larger post once it's all official and conferred, but I can't tell everyone here how grateful I am I found this place. From when I first poked my head in and decided to go to Patten U, gave up on that mess and finished up my first Bacherlors at TESU, decided "why not" and got a second one at WGU, then kept the ball rolling to a Masters at a top 10 public university in the country, the encouragement and support, on top of the insane wealth of knowledge here made the experience so rewarding.

Thanks everyone!

Very cool. I've been accepted for Fall 2021 for Policy track and was doing some research on the program and found your postings. I enjoyed reading your experiences. I hope I can pull off a 4.0 also!
I know I'm late to say it but CONGRATULATIONS!

I just read through your whole journey with this degree and I'm considering applying myself next year(gotta finish the undergrad still.)
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • jsd
While I graduated in May, I didn't walk in the summer ceremony, but I did finally head out this past weekend for the winter walk. I'm very glad I did. i met up with some peers who were my cohorts and who later TA'ed with me. We've become pretty close virtually and they definitely contributed to my success, so it was nice to meet them in person.

Being on campus was great and I actually did feel a sense of attachment to it. The ceremony was your average affair, but I'm glad I was a part of it.

I'm doing one more term as a TA and then probably wrapping that all up for good.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 5 users Like jsd's post:
  • jch, Life_One, MNomadic, Pikachu, rachel83az
(11-01-2018, 06:28 PM)jsd Wrote: Today I found out that I have been accepted into the first cohort of Georgia Institute of Technology's new Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity program!! This will be for the Information Security Track (as opposed to their Energy Systems Track or Policy Track). I thought this was a long shot when I applied, especially since they said they were limiting the first round of admissions to 250 students and there was a very large application pool.

Classes start January 7th, and I'm limited to taking two courses at a time. So this will be a much longer program than I'm used to, which might be hard to adjust to after finishing two undergrad degrees in about year or less each.

I'll use this thread as a progress share once I start up, and let everyone know how the program goes.

I'm very excited, even though a little nervous about the caliber of work and having to commit to such a long program.

Go Yellow Jackets!

Hello! I'm interested in the OMS CySec Policy track and was wondering if you had any advice for someone considering applying to the Fall 2023 cohort! Congratulations on the 4.0 and the completion of the program, by the way! Thanks in advance!
Hi there! Came across your post as I was considering applying to OMS CS. I've read through some of your posts and it seems like your exp at Georgia Tech has been very positive. Would love to read your summary thoughts on going through your program and if you've leveraged your Masters for any opportunities or new positions? Also did you feel the topics your learned during the program will be applicable to your career? Thanks for all your updates.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Illinois Tech MBA Vle045 8 2,476 03-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
Question I would like to know if anyone knows Tech University? Yefren 16 1,805 11-28-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: datby98
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,383 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,731 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  WGU Master Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Imbanewbie 17 3,596 05-10-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Master of Public Administration and MBA, University of North Georgia JPN 6 958 03-15-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Technical Tech University Jerry123 6 1,250 03-15-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  UoPeople Degrees accepted for University of London MSc Computer Science & more? JPN 2 1,288 02-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: debrag
  LSUS MBA VS La Tech MBA gator1873 13 2,859 02-05-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TECH Universidad Technologica Popestt 30 7,993 01-24-2023, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Eliablive