Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Transcripts and UK universities
A friend and I were discussing ACE and the question was brought up whether there is any UK university that considers ACE transcripts for admission/transfer. Since I do not know of any, I promised to bring the question here and get back to him as soon as I found out-if any. Does anyone know about any UK university that considers credits earned on ACE transcripts? Are there other foreign universities that do consider ACE?
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
It seems that only degrees from foreign nations are considered in the European framework. Under a degree it gets very difficult to sort out. TVAlba may have an answer. I'll send you a link in a day or two about the European framework I'm on the way to work at the moment
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Is your friend a U.K citizen? He may want to consider Open University which is transferrable
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
Thank you, EI2HCB for your response. My friend is not a UK citizen, not even a European. Were you saying that UK citizens with ACE credits may be considered by Open University? I will be looking forward to the link about the European Framework.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
@Sharapost, Open University is available to people of all nations, its based in the U.K, residence in the U.K or Ireland reduces the fees to a few hundred pounds per course. However different costs apply to residents in Europe, and then outside the E.U it is very prohibitive for non E.U citizens. The EU framework details equivalency within the EU. ec-European Commission - Strategic framework for education and training . Ace credit wouldn't be transferrable to the U.K as it isn't a degree or credit from a recognized University. However it may be possible to use a Big 3 degree to attend an MBA in the U.K some here may know a little more about this. or on the other forum. I hope this helps. Since your friend isn't an E.U citizen Open U may be his best option it is well recognized in the middle east, along with most former British colonies so it carries a lot of weight as an education. I hope this helps.
Current Credits

Irish Education

Thanks for this post! I have a British Husband, if I were to apply to a school in England as the wife of a British Citizen would they take my ACE (and CLEP) courses? Sorry to butt in here, this is a GREAT thread Saharapost! Thank you for asking this question. I am thinking of applying over there too. I did here some vague scary news about a 9,000 pound fee for year for all students. I think you don't have to pay the money back until you make more than...now don't quote me here 21,000 pounds in income. But once you make that much you have to start re-paying the loan. Google that too before you make the leap! I'll try to keep you posted on what I hear. I have a while before I apply though, still cramming for that stupid math credit!

Good Luck!
T

EI2HCB Wrote:@Sharapost, Open University is available to people of all nations, its based in the U.K, residence in the U.K or Ireland reduces the fees to a few hundred pounds per course. However different costs apply to residents in Europe, and then outside the E.U it is very prohibitive for non E.U citizens. The EU framework details equivalency within the EU. ec-European Commission - Strategic framework for education and training . Ace credit wouldn't be transferrable to the U.K as it isn't a degree or credit from a recognized University. However it may be possible to use a Big 3 degree to attend an MBA in the U.K some here may know a little more about this. or on the other forum. I hope this helps. Since your friend isn't an E.U citizen Open U may be his best option it is well recognized in the middle east, along with most former British colonies so it carries a lot of weight as an education. I hope this helps.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Seems to me that the framework is for European members, There are evaluation services in the U.K which are available similar to WES here in the States. They could answer that question in detail. Since this forum directly addresses American education and sources acceptable to America accredited Colleges the other forum may be a better information source. I can't find the link to it on my computer but Cookderosa of Sanantone may well be able to respond here with the link.
Current Credits

Irish Education

I think this is the site Desmond is referring to.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
Aye, Tis it! I couldn't remember what it was called. I'm doing too much work these days.
Current Credits

Irish Education

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fake Universities Alpha 0 524 08-22-2022, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Qatar opening doors to international universities... bjcheung77 2 781 05-27-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  COVID-19 Updated Impact Tracker on U.S. Universities PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 0 1,242 05-19-2020, 10:41 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Universities Fall 2020 natshar 8 1,366 04-19-2020, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  How come some universities dont put what you studied on the degree? missbootyfull 3 2,047 10-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sending Transcripts To Employers Regards 5 2,007 10-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Errrmm... Patten Transcripts actually mentions degree was earned online Saharapost 24 3,430 10-29-2016, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Gradman
  Moody's now has negative outlook for all U.S. universities IrishJohn 3 882 01-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  Transcripts from All Schools Attended Question marianne202 6 1,260 06-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  regionally accredited college/universities that accept nationally accredited credit BGN 0 1,717 04-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Last Post: BGN