Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errrmm... Patten Transcripts actually mentions degree was earned online
Though I didn't ask Patten about this, but one of my friends currently with Patten and about to complete his degree confirmed to me that before his enrollment, he did ask the enrollment advisor whether Patten degree mentions that the education was online. He clearly recalled his advisor telling him that there was no difference between degrees earned online and on-campus and that they (Patten) do not mention that degrees or credits were earned online.

To my surprise, when my transcripts arrived in the mail today, Patten University Online was conspicuously stated on it. Am attaching parts of the transcript to this post so those who might have issues with their transcript stating "online" would know and probably go elsewhere for their competency degree.

My TESC diploma and transcript did not mention online and even though it didn't have GPA, I feel much satisfied than Patten. Am not complaining, just letting those who might not want any mention of "online" stated on their diploma and transcript know.

Of course I would've contacted Patten about this, but my experience over the past 3 to 4 months have shown me that Patten appears not to care about its students...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1890[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1891[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Patten Online 11.jpg (Size: 89.35 KB / Downloads: 16)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Patten 22.jpg (Size: 67.98 KB / Downloads: 13)
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Wow, they've really changed up their transcripts. Mine didn't indictate online courses, but it also has their old bible school logo on it, haha.

They really run everything in a bizarre way over there.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
You are/were one of the lucky ones. Smile

jsd Wrote:Wow, they've really changed up their transcripts. Mine didn't indictate online courses, but it also has their old bible school logo on it, haha.

They really run everything in a bizarre way over there.
uhh
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Award:

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

24 Credits from TECEP
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Also credits transferred were not listed on the transcript. I understand they might not include grades or GPA for transferred credits, but didn't know only credits earned at Patten were gonna be listed with mention of total number of transferred credits...
- Akintayo

Award:

Graduate School

24 Credits from TECEP
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Saharapost Wrote:Also credits transferred were not listed on the transcript. I understand they might not include grades or GPA for transferred credits, but didn't know only credits earned at Patten were gonna be listed with mention of total number of transferred credits...

All schools should only list courses taken with them, and this is also what the GPA is based on. I have several transcripts and every one of them only has a list of the courses I've taken there, as well as my GPA at that institution.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:All schools should only list courses taken with them, and this is also what the GPA is based on. I have several transcripts and every one of them only has a list of the courses I've taken there, as well as my GPA at that institution.

That makes sense, thankfully TESU lists even transferred credits in their transcript. I'm glad they do, otherwise my transcript would only show one course! Big Grin
TESC listed my foreign courses as well as ACE credits. Of course they did not base their GPA on them, but they sure look good on the transcript...
- Akintayo

Award:

Graduate School

24 Credits from TECEP
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Saharapost Wrote:TESC listed my foreign courses as well as ACE credits. Of course they did not base their GPA on them, but they sure look good on the transcript...

Psst... it's TESU now. Wink
Just another reason not to go here Smile
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
TESUAbroad Wrote:Just another reason not to go here Smile

I disliked Patten before it was cool Tongue
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Sale: Young Online University in California bjcheung77 19 2,463 09-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Employment Opportunities in Online Schools BSBRose21 4 522 09-26-2023, 06:19 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 578 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 508 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
  The middlemen of online higher ed article cardiacclep 0 427 12-31-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 465 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 538 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 944 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 968 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 1,616 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM