Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errrmm... Patten Transcripts actually mentions degree was earned online
I think most for profit schools will chose this model, going online completely.
If I recall correctly, Ashford University just went totally online as well.
The fees to keep the campus was too much and they sold it...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:If I recall correctly, Ashford University just went totally online as well.

Right, about a year ago (July '15).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:That's because they no longer offer their on campus program to new students. They grandfathered their current students and are shutting that aspect down because they don't have the funds to maintain it, according to their last WASC filing

I had no idea. All the more reason for them to ditch the Patten University Online name - no need to differentiate.

I noticed quite a few of the people who work there as enrollment counselors and such also graduated from the college. Not that that has anything to do with anything. It's just something I noticed lol.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
ladylearner Wrote:I had no idea. All the more reason for them to ditch the Patten University Online name - no need to differentiate.

I noticed quite a few of the people who work there as enrollment counselors and such also graduated from the college. Not that that has anything to do with anything. It's just something I noticed lol.

I believe it's pretty common for entry level positions to be staffed by graduates of a school. Most "Academic inbreeding" concerns are when most of the faculty achieved their terminal degree from the same institution they teach. This is generally frowned upon by academics because it doesn't encourage diversity thought. I don't think it would matter either way, because most academics aren't exactly smiling upon Patten's model anyway.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
sanantone Wrote:Well, it is a for-profit college. It's a school you attend out of pure pragmatism due to the low cost.

Hmmmm. Well, a lot of for-profit schools wouldn't qualify as low-cost. Many of the prices I've seen are outrageous, but most of the non-profit prices are outrageous as well. All said, the cost of college is generally... outrageous and unjustified other than people willing to pay it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Sale: Young Online University in California bjcheung77 19 2,468 09-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Employment Opportunities in Online Schools BSBRose21 4 527 09-26-2023, 06:19 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 583 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 513 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
  The middlemen of online higher ed article cardiacclep 0 428 12-31-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 468 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 539 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 947 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 972 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 1,621 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM