Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTFL CREDITS to TESU
(02-02-2021, 03:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 02:33 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 02:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Again, as stated by someone earlier - you can still bring in ACE/Alternative credit, you just can't go above 90cr after March 1.  Do you have any RA credits?
Yes some, but if I bring other ACE credits in, do they apply or replace what I want? I have more than 120 credits, most already applied to academic eval (except UL ones of course)

Let's say I bring in UL credits, do they bump LL ones which I can then replace later with RA ones?

Yes - if you bring in UL credits after March 1, you can ask TESU to replace the LL with UL.  You can also choose which LL courses you want to replace LL ACE courses.

I would make sure that you have a good copy of your eval on Feb 28th (or earlier) so that you have proof that you have X number of ACE credits on your transcript; they may try to take it down to 90cr when they start replacing things, and they shouldn't.  So just make sure you have proof.
Thank you, I usually periodically print out entire academic eval. Will do it again this week.

In case they try changing things.

I alos print out unofficial transcripts, because that is the bulk of credits received even if they don't all apply to my major.

It is nice to know that they will still bring them in, I thought they were not accepted at all.

That means one can keep sending credits in and then rearrange things. That gives some peace of mind.

I really need capstone and pay residency waiver fee and grad fee. Just those last UL coming in. That is all I need.

But I am waiting to enroll in capstone because I want to see all my categories go green before I even spend that money.

If they take it down then I won't continue with TESU. I already transferred all my ACE credits to COSC.

I just need a few courses with them and graduate there for less.
(02-01-2021, 09:58 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 03:36 PM)utility Wrote: I just sent it directly from Acclaim a few weeks ago.  I didn't hear anything back but it showed up on my Academic Evaluation a couple of days ago.  All credits added without having to jump through the hoops from the last time I sent to them.  Last time I had to get a print out notarized and then send it to TESU.
Looks like Acclaim sends them on March 15 and TESU will stop accepting all alt credits on March 1st.

TESU advisors say they never heard of acclaim.

So I am sending them in directly fron LTI paying the $20.
They send it with a certificate. 

As for academic evaluation, they have received some previous courses scores but they are really dragging their feet to make courses appear on evaluation. (Other courses not LTI)

Plus they are very insistent on asking students to drop TECEP for enrollment. They want students to enroll in full courses. Especially if the TECEP doesn't fit anywhere on degree.

I am not understanding...
I just took one of ACTFL test for Spanish. What deadline (3/1) are you talking about? Tesu will not accept ACE anymore?
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG CIS AOS
Bergen Community College - AS BA
Sophia - 15 Courses, InstantCert - 7 Courses, Study.com 1 Course
Coursera -  Google Digital Marketing
Coursera - Google IT Professional Certificate
Coursera - Project Management
CSMLEARN
Clep -  Spanish, CIS, Analyzing Lit
(03-17-2021, 04:06 PM)splirow Wrote: I am not understanding...
I just took one of ACTFL test for Spanish. What deadline (3/1) are you talking about? Tesu will not accept ACE anymore?

I guess you missed the memo, here's my thread regarding it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Explained
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-17-2021, 04:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 04:06 PM)splirow Wrote: I am not understanding...

I guess you missed the memo, here's my thread regarding it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Explained

Ok, So this wont apply to me??

I have 71 credits... Only 12 was from clep. The rest was taken at 2 community colleges.

Attached Files
.png   Credits.PNG (Size: 28.01 KB / Downloads: 14)
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG CIS AOS
Bergen Community College - AS BA
Sophia - 15 Courses, InstantCert - 7 Courses, Study.com 1 Course
Coursera -  Google Digital Marketing
Coursera - Google IT Professional Certificate
Coursera - Project Management
CSMLEARN
Clep -  Spanish, CIS, Analyzing Lit
splirow - the new regulations should in fact apply to everyone at COSC & TESU (I am hoping Excelsior doesn't follow their lead). It just doesn't affect the ones who have 24 credits from a community college or a 2 year/4 year college or university. In your situation, you have 71 RA credits, you have more than the required 24, hence you are not affected... carry on with your studies like nothing happened...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If I take the ACTFL Spanish tests with NYU would that be in a transcript from them? How can I convert them into college credits ?
(07-04-2021, 02:45 PM)VAG8088 Wrote: If I take the ACTFL Spanish tests with NYU would that be in a transcript from them? How can I convert them into college credits ?

NYU have their own proficiency testing. I don't they are related to ACTFL. Not sure how many credits you can get from it, but it seems like they count as RA credits which is a huge plus. Probably best you email NYU and ask about the transcript.
(07-05-2021, 09:44 AM)FastTrackDegree Wrote:
(07-04-2021, 02:45 PM)VAG8088 Wrote: If I take the ACTFL Spanish tests with NYU would that be in a transcript from them? How can I convert them into college credits ?

NYU have their own proficiency testing. I don't they are related to ACTFL. Not sure how many credits you can get from it, but it seems like they count as RA credits which is a huge plus. Probably best you email NYU and ask about the transcript.

NYU has it's own language testing service - you get 12cr for passing the exam, and if you get a perfect score, you can shoot for the 16cr version (so I think it's kind of like an "upgrade").  I don't think they're RA credit though - it's considered a placement test for NYU, but just became so popular that many schools accept it for credit.

It's $479 for the 12cr version, $579 for the 16cr version, and $279 for the 4cr add-on (but I think you take a gamble with the 16cr version, because if you don't get a perfect score on the first part of it, you can't even take the 2nd part).

Again, this is not NYU RA credit on a transcript that I've ever heard.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-28-2021, 05:04 PM)utility Wrote: Spanish writing, reading, speaking.  The speaking one I did the automated test because I didn't want to wait 2 weeks for the appointment.  The Acclaim badges that I got say the language (images attached).  This might be why they added without having to get anything sent from LTI or getting a notarized letter.

Speaking - Advanced Mid - 6 LL + 3 UL
Writing - Advanced Low - 6 LL + 2 UL
Reading - Advanded Low/Mid - 3 LL

They gave me a total of 20 credits (5 upper level).  Images attached on where they went.

Completely filled Knowledge of Human Cultures - 12 credits
GE Electives - 3 credits
Upper Level - 5 credits

I had my electives filled prior to getting these credits, now it's showing 5 credits needed.  I guess I'll have to message them to see if they can move some of my other credits around.  I have 154 credits total right now and still missing 12 credits to finish the BALS.  If everything goes where it's supposed to go and they accept the TEEX student history that was mailed to them, all I should have left is the capstone.

If they don't accept everything as-is I might extend my time to finish and go BSBA CIS which is what I originally wanted before their new credit transfer policy.  I should have the Associates Computer Science completed once they add my final Study.com course.
This is great info thanks! Did you take the Spanish CLEP? and did it overlap with ACTFL?
(04-05-2022, 08:56 AM)Bryzia Wrote: This is great info thanks! Did you take the Spanish CLEP? and did it overlap with ACTFL?

The Spanish ACTFL exams do not overlap with the Spanish CLEP (speaking) exam at TESU.  No idea on the Spanish Writing CLEP exam, nobody has reported back on that one.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 168 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 175 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 363 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,153 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 621 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 701 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 593 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 3,069 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 641 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM