Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTFL OPIc, ACE and TESU
bjcheung77 Wrote:That's awesome, I think you should be able to get 6 credits if that's the score you got.
It'll be broken down to something similar to Language 101 and Language 102 at TESU.
I'm guessing on this, but that's what I think it should come in as... good work BTW!
Much appreciated for the kind words! Haven't quite yet started, but collecting information before I decide to drop the $100+ on this. Particularly in the potential case where I need to have a certificate issued directly from the institute itself, it may be a dealbreaker for me to push ahead with this one...
This is to follow up from the previous post. I received email confirmation from Academic Advising that the ACE Transcript is sufficient for the acknowledgement of the ACTFL OPIc results, without the need for the certification to be sent separately!
That's great news Scoriae :hurray:

Also, the ACTFL OPIc and the WPTc do not duplicate the CLEP language exams...however, the RPT and LPT do so respectively.
I received a separate update from the Office of the Registrar... They state that the notarized copy of the certificate is needed along with the ACE Transcript to acknowledge the results of the OPIc Exam, which is counter to what Academic Advising has informed me of.

Frustrating that there are two separate answers to this Sad And this is a dealbreaker as I am in Korea and would not be able to have it notarized within the US, with the added costs involved to process all of this. Currently on a phone, but will update the initial post to summarize the info for anyone else interested in taking this approach.
scoriae Wrote:I received a separate update from the Office of the Registrar... They state that the notarized copy of the certificate is needed along with the ACE Transcript to acknowledge the results of the OPIc Exam, which is counter to what Academic Advising has informed me of.

Frustrating that there are two separate answers to this Sad And this is a dealbreaker as I am in Korea and would not be able to have it notarized within the US, with the added costs involved to process all of this. Currently on a phone, but will update the initial post to summarize the info for anyone else interested in taking this approach.

God bless the state of Virginia and the Full Faith and Credit clause of the US constitution, or so one hopes.

I have not used any of these companies but they are all the same, online notaries with Virginia notaries:

notarize.com
notarycam.com
Scoriae: TESU will accept ACTFL's official certificate in place of a notarized copy if sent directly by ACTFL. To have this done, on LTI's website register as taking the exam for state teaching licensure purposes. An option where it should be sent will open up...write TESU's name and address in there. Done! And at no extra cost too :coolgleam:
You still need to have ACE send the transcript showing the level attained and credits recommended though. TESU only gives credit if both ACE transcript and original certificate/notarized copy are sent in. Can be done without hassle online though...now go ace that bad boy :patriot:
Nightmoves5 Wrote:You still need to have ACE send the transcript showing the level attained and credits recommended though. TESU only gives credit if both ACE transcript and original certificate/notarized copy are sent in. Can be done without hassle online though...now go ace that bad boy :patriot:
I actually followed up about this as well, and they've stated the same as well. Thank you for the information, Nightmoves5! Would the $10 Certificate be fine, or would I need to go with the $75 route in order to get the credits?

NonTrad Wrote:God bless the state of Virginia and the Full Faith and Credit clause of the US constitution, or so one hopes.

I have not used any of these companies but they are all the same, online notaries with Virginia notaries:

notarize.com
notarycam.com
I do appreciate this very much, NonTrad. I will keep this as my ultimate backup!
Nightmoves5 Wrote:Scoriae: TESU will accept ACTFL's official certificate in place of a notarized copy if sent directly by ACTFL. To have this done, on LTI's website register as taking the exam for state teaching licensure purposes. An option where it should be sent will open up...write TESU's name and address in there. Done! And at no extra cost too :coolgleam:

Whoooooooooooooooa. Sorry I should've quoted and responded to this first... Does this mean I don't need to purchase any additional certificates, and only pull the scores to ACE and submit it to TESU if approaching via this path?
scoriae Wrote:Whoooooooooooooooa. Sorry I should've quoted and responded to this first... Does this mean I don't need to purchase any additional certificates, and only pull the scores to ACE and submit it to TESU if approaching via this path?

Yes indeed! Have ACE pull the ACTFL course to your transcript for free. Having the certificate mailed to a given address for 'teaching purposes' by ACTFL is free too, just register under the option 'testing for teacher certification' at the very beginning on LTI's website.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 2 13 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Sargoththemino
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 737 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 207 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,606 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 633 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 565 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 286 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,333 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 420 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM