Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTFL OPIc, ACE and TESU
Nightmoves5 Wrote:Yes indeed! Have ACE pull the ACTFL course to your transcript for free. Having the certificate mailed to a given address for 'teaching purposes' by ACTFL is free too, just register under the option 'testing for teacher certification' at the very beginning on LTI's website.

@Nightmoves5 I don't see this FREE option anywhere, it's $10?
I promised Nightmoves5 I would update this thread, but slipped in doing so. A huge shoutout to Nightmoves5 for his/her effort in sharing this with us! (And shared with approval)

1. Go to https://tms.languagetesting.com/Individu...x?Id=1#nbb
2. Under "select state" scroll all the way to the bottom to "USA other"
3. A window opens up with a prompt "enter institution's name"
4. Type in "Thomas Edison State University'
5. Then simply follow the next steps to register. They have TESU's address on file so you need do nothing more regarding entering the postal address

As a disclaimer, I was hasty and did the non-testing for teacher certification option, and ordered the $10 certificate separately. Had I waited a few more hours, I could've gone through the approach Nightmoves5 shared with me. My ACTFL OPIc results came in one week after the actual testing, and I requested a pull to my ACE Transcript same-day. However, it has not yet been pulled and two business days have passed; I understand this one can take a few days for it to process unlike ACE, Sophia or The Institutes.
scoriae Wrote:I promised Nightmoves5 I would update this thread, but slipped in doing so. A huge shoutout to Nightmoves5 for his/her effort in sharing this with us! (And shared with approval)

1. Go to https://tms.languagetesting.com/Individu...x?Id=1#nbb
2. Under "select state" scroll all the way to the bottom to "USA other"
3. A window opens up with a prompt "enter institution's name"
4. Type in "Thomas Edison State University'
5. Then simply follow the next steps to register. They have TESU's address on file so you need do nothing more regarding entering the postal address

As a disclaimer, I was hasty and did the non-testing for teacher certification option, and ordered the $10 certificate separately. Had I waited a few more hours, I could've gone through the approach Nightmoves5 shared with me. My ACTFL OPIc results came in one week after the actual testing, and I requested a pull to my ACE Transcript same-day. However, it has not yet been pulled and two business days have passed; I understand this one can take a few days for it to process unlike ACE, Sophia or The Institutes.

Ok, I got it - if you do the Teacher option then you don't need to separately select the $10 cert delivery. Thanks!
Hopefully will get to this after Strategic Management, although the truth is no studying necessary so may knock it off after I'm done @ Davar for June. Did they use ProctorU?
Just an update, I did see this on TESU's website today:

ACTFL Exams: Please note that TESU requires both an official American Council on Education (ACE) transcript as well as a notarized copy of the ACTFL score report for students seeking credit for the ACTFL OPI or WPT exams. The ACE transcript is needed to determine the amount of credit to award, and the ACTFL report is needed to determine the correct language. TESU awards credit for all ACE-reviewed ACTFL examinations with the exception of the English ACTFL examination.

It was not where I would have thought it would be, so would be easy to miss.

They should probably add that they will accept a certificate directly from ACTFL as another option.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Just an update, I did see this on TESU's website today:

ACTFL Exams: Please note that TESU requires both an official American Council on Education (ACE) transcript as well as a notarized copy of the ACTFL score report for students seeking credit for the ACTFL OPI or WPT exams. The ACE transcript is needed to determine the amount of credit to award, and the ACTFL report is needed to determine the correct language. TESU awards credit for all ACE-reviewed ACTFL examinations with the exception of the English ACTFL examination.

It was not where I would have thought it would be, so would be easy to miss.

They should probably add that they will accept a certificate directly from ACTFL as another option.

TESU Confirmed they will accept a certificate directly from ACTFL in my case.

NonTrad Wrote:Ok, I got it - if you do the Teacher option then you don't need to separately select the $10 cert delivery. Thanks!
Hopefully will get to this after Strategic Management, although the truth is no studying necessary so may knock it off after I'm done @ Davar for June. Did they use ProctorU?

I believe they used ProctorU. At the very least, it wasn't RPNow since I was talking to someone during the preparation process. A GOOD pair of headphones would be beneficial, since the inquiries do sound slightly robotic (at least for me).
So then I completed my opic a few weeks ago and tesu just recieved my ace transcript the other day and i did sign up under the teaching purposes option so it's safe to assume they already have the official cert of me passing correct? >.>
"notarized copy of the ACTFL score report"

What exactly does that mean? What would be the full process here?
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Sorry for the last message, should have read the thread better.

I just did the french OPIc, I'm a french Canadian so I expect to have a good score lol. One question did throw me off, they asked to replay a situation they told in English, I was not sure if I had to act or retold what they said. I did both.. I certainly hated the platform tho, I had to call their support because the interface they use that connect with proctorU kept crashing. And their test platform.. you can't even replay your answer.

All in all, that still should be my 9 easiest credits ever. I only needed 6 gen-ed credits so I chose an easier exam than the full-on expert one.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Hey everyone, just finished the WPI© at Superior. You really need to know the language, btw ;-) Fastest 12 credits ever, though. (Oral might end up being faster, have it scheduled)
Anyway - does anyone know how long it takes to transfer to ACE after you ask ACE to get it? TESU already got the certificate, but it's been over a week and it's still pending on ACE?
Congratulations! Took about a week to show up on my ACE transcript.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,483 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 592 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 490 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 517 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 271 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,314 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 397 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 285 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27