Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTFL or Foreign Credit Transfer to Big 3
Hey ya'll, I am just curious if anyone is interested in being a guinea pig.  With so many options to get a degree, I've not seen anyone use ACTFL to the fullest or seen anyone transfer the ENEB/Universidad Isabel I into one of the Big 3.  Since the Masters at Universidad Isabel I was recently evaluated as a Bachelors degree (final year) I want to try the following:

For a BSBA at the Big 3:  If someone can complete 90 credits from ACE providers such as Sophia.org/InstantCertCredit, they can try doing the MBA/Masters combo at ENEB/Universidad Isabel I and have it evaluated course by course, this way, you will get at minimum 30 UL credits for Business Courses for transfer into the Big 3.  This should be possible as ENEB doesn't require you to have finished your Bachelors before you begin the MBA/Masters programs.

Essentially, you would get the 90-100 credits from Sophia.org/InstantCertCredit to cover the basic general education/free elective requirements and some of the business program core, the UL requirements should be satisfied by the ENEB courses, it should then be evaluated by ECE or another agency, then transferred into the Big 3.  Costs would be similar to getting everything required for UL done through Study.com!

For a BALS/BSLS at the Big 3:  If someone can again, complete 90 credits from ACE providers such as Sophia.org/InstantCertCredit, they can try the ACTFL test for two languages, in total you should be able to get 12 UL for each language, two will net you 24 UL/24 LL for an amazingly cheap price.  This should almost be sufficient for UL requirements at TESU, but you may need a couple more for COSC/EC.

Again, you would get the 90-100 credits from Sophia.org/InstantCertCredit to cover the basic general education/free elective requirements and some of the lower level requirements for the BALS/BSLS, the ACTFL tests should cover most of the remainder of the requirements for the degree.  You would just need to make sure to get enough UL for the university in question.  Costs may also be similar to taking several UL at Study.com!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lucillegyl
But ENEB isn't supposed to allow you to even begin unless you either have a lot of industry experience or you have a bachelors degree in the first place. That makes it hard to use ENEB credits to get a bachelor's.

There is someone on this board who is trying to get a BALS with ACTFL credits as UL credits, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-09-2020, 02:40 AM)rachel83az Wrote: That makes it hard to use ENEB credits to get a bachelor's.

Unless you want a second Bachelor. Potentially, if this works as bjcheung77 is suggesting, the first Bachelor would cover the gen eds, and the ENEB 'degree' would cover the AOS UL reqs. Which (again, assuming that all works as hoped) would make for a VERY quick and cheap 2nd Bachelor.
Update: With the recent changes at COSC/TESU, everyone seems to be scrambling for RA credits.  There are other options, below are some, depending on how far you have come along with your studies.  If you're starting out, you can try transferring in foreign credits.  If you already have RA credits, you don't have to worry, continue as you planned.  This should work with other US institutions as well, not just the Big 3 or competency based degree providers.

Since COSC started requiring 30 RA Credits a few months ago, I thought inexpensive foreign credentials would be an option to transfer into their degree, and finishing the requirements with ACE credits (or NCCRS with approved partnerships).  Anyways, just a couple of days ago, or just yesterday, we received email from TESU they're doing the same thing starting Jan 1, 2021.  I wonder if Excelsior is going to follow suit anytime soon...

Anyways, back to my previous post, paragraph #2.  A BSBA/BALS at COSC/TESU, using 90 ACE and 30 UL from the ENEB/Universidad Isabel I MBA & Masters (or just the MBA).  ENEB does not require you to have a Bachelors to start their Masters, they require a near completed degree and some experience before admitting you conditionally.  What that means is, finish your degrees - Bachelors and Masters - all at the same time! Wonderful news eh?!

For the BSBA and/or BALS, You start off with the special sale going on at Sophia.org and for their Lower Level credits, do all of them (except the 3 foundations) for 90+ credits at just $149/year (sale is on until Dec 31, 2020 - get it quickly!).  You then take the CSM Learn course, TEEX freebies & paid CJ courses.  Here's an example template at the bottom of this post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid323058

Option 2: Take RA credits as cheaply as possible through your community college, unless it's more expensive than NMJC, TEL Learning, or taking a TECEP.  You can try UExcels ($110, not the expensive ones) as well, if test centers are open or more exams go online.  This is the safest way to get RA credits, it depends if you want to take courses or exams.  You just need 24 credits RA as you need the cornerstone & capstone from the school...

Option 3 (TESU only): Taking credits at the school for residency purposes, for active service people, TECEPS - 24 credits worth needed in addition to the Cornerstone/Capstone.  For civilians, you may decide to take 16 credits for residency requirements and do the remainder through TECEPS or UExcels.  Here's a recent thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
U can use ENEB as a source of RA credits in BA degree at TESU too. These ENEB RA can be used as electives
(12-19-2020, 05:56 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: U can use ENEB as a source of RA credits in BA degree at TESU too. These ENEB RA can be used as electives

Are we actually sure about this? Has anyone done this, or is this supposion on the back of a single employment-specific evaluation (which equated this pseudo-master degree as an add-on bachelor year for those already holding a BA), some hope, and a lot of prayers?
Well if anyone have done this , everyone here would know . And by the way ECE stated no matter which evaluation u apllied for. If it was RA equivalent for general evaluation it will remain the same status even for course by course eval for the same documents. So there is no reason to.think that single evaluation presented earlier would come differently for course by course evaluation
And if u dislike so much ENEB- dont enroll in it. Its very simple
Nothing to do with 'liking' ENEB, it's more about 'liking' accurate information.

Stating 'you can use ENEB as a source of RA credits at TESU' is, quite reasonably, going to incur questions about the track record for TESU doing this.
Accurate information can be obtained through math. Nothing accurate like 100% here unless u get back TESU transfer for every credit u give them from ANY source. So ur statement accurate hardly can be used for anu post on this forum. Coz there is always a chance not getting ur trasnfer as smone sugestted here or got themselves before for TESU/ COSC and so on.
So if u want accurate- apply for transfer, wait for results from institutions and here u go- accurate. Untill then its all suggestions from one person to another
As far as I'm aware, nobody has yet gotten a course-by-course evaluation from ANY ENEB degree so we can't be sure how much, if any, will actually evaluate as UL credits. Until that's known, I would hesitate to suggest that any student hop on the ENEB-to-Bachelor's degree train.

ENEB is a good option. I just don't think it works for this.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,530 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,952 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 245 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 712 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 510 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 742 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  Blacklisted foreign universities in Nigeria Imbanewbie 1 371 01-13-2024, 03:43 AM
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,258 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 698 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 484 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy