Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS and CSMlearn
I need Math courses online to fill my BA requirement and to get extra credits for electives...

ALEKS has 4 classes (which I though all transferee to ACE) but they said you can only get two approved ACE (can’t combined some courses for credit with each other). So maybe I will choose College Algebra and Trigonimetry (6 units)

CSMLEARN offers one which converts to BUS210 at TESU...

Will they contradict which other? 

How many Math ACE approved can I take basically that won’t contradict...and for less like ALEKS and CSMlearn. 
(10-29-2019, 10:34 AM)Kjblue Wrote: I need Math courses online to fill my BA requirement and to get extra credits for electives...

ALEKS has 4 classes (which I though all transferee to ACE) but they said you can only get two approved ACE (can’t combined some courses for credit with each other). So maybe I will choose College Algebra and Trigonimetry (6 units)

How many Math ACE approved can I take basically that won’t contradict...and for less like ALEKS and CSMlearn. 

At Aleks, you should be able to complete College Algebra (MAT121), Trigonometry (MAT129), and Statistics (STA201). Aleks ACE Policy None of these courses are equivalent or will duplicate the CSMLearn's course (BUS210).
(10-29-2019, 11:01 AM)shadowgem Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 10:34 AM)Kjblue Wrote: I need Math courses online to fill my BA requirement and to get extra credits for electives...

At Aleks, you should be able to complete College Algebra (MAT121), Trigonometry (MAT129), and Statistics (STA201). Aleks ACE Policy None of these courses are equivalent or will duplicate the CSMLearn's course (BUS210).
How come the agent said only two won’t overlap or duplicate. Are you sure n top of college algebra and trigonometry, statistics will be ace credited????

https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/ace_credit
(10-29-2019, 01:11 PM)Kjblue Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 11:01 AM)shadowgem Wrote:

How come the agent said only two won’t overlap or duplicate. Are you sure n top of college algebra and trigonometry, statistics will be ace credited????

https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/ace_credit

Hmm. Nothing appears to of changed since the ACE evaluations were last updated in August of 2018. 

Aleks offers seven separate courses that are ACE recommended for credit:
  • College Algebra
  • Trigonometry
  • College Algebra with Trigonometry
  • PreCalculus
  • Introduction to Statistics
  • Business Statistics
  • Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
And if you review the guidelines on their own website, its stated clearly as well. So I can not tell you why the agent told you something else unless something has changed that is not reflected on their website or in the ACE registry. 
Quote:*Students cannot receive ACE credit for both of the courses in the following combinations:
  • College Algebra and College Algebra with Trigonometry

• College Algebra and PreCalculus

• College Algebra with Trigonometry and Trigonometry

• Trigonometry and PreCalculus

• College Algebra with Trigonometry and PreCalculus

• Introduction to Statistics and Business Statistics

• Introduction to Statistics and Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences

• Business Statistics and Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences

Nowhere on this list does it state that College Algebra and Trigonometry overlap. However College Algebra with Trigonometry will overlap with College Algebra. And PreCalculus will overlap with College Algebra and it will also overlap with Trigonometry. 

So as long as you only take College Algebra and only take Trigonometry you should be fine. And then you can only select one of the statistics courses since they all overlap each other. This should allow you to take:
  • College Algebra
  • Trigonometry
  • Ones statistics course
without overlapping any of the courses.

If you take College Algebra for credit you can not earn credit for:
  • College Algebra with Trig; or 
  • Precalc
If you take College Algebra with Trig (with, not and) you can not earn credit for:
  • Trigonometry; or
  • PreCalc
If you take Trigonometry you can not earn credit for:
  • PreCalc; or
  • College Algebra with Trig (with, not and)
You can further verify this by reading each course guideline in the ACE registry.
[-] The following 2 users Like shadowgem's post:
  • hsfamfun, TwinMom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,400 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 7 2,681 11-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  Anyone frustrated with ALEKS? MeOldChina 8 2,505 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  How to register for ALEKS akr680 2 1,146 04-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Aleks courses Supermind 14 3,607 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Supermind
  Is Aleks still ACE accredited as of now? FilMor 28 5,845 12-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  ALEKS question - How does it teach math? magflo 8 5,357 05-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Can i pass all three ALEKS in my trial run ? sarahrahul 27 7,600 05-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  I don't understand Aleks Assessments smrt 17 3,300 05-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  College Algebra ALEKS course for ACE credit? AgedParent 5 5,326 05-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Gloddy