Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANY CLEP testing sites open ANYWHERE?
Hello.. It has been many moons since I finished off my BA with this fabulous board. Since then I earned my masters and now our college daughter is needing to slip in a few credits in her college transcript this summer while home from college.  CLEP is the way to go but we are having a heck of a time finding an open CLEP testing center in Florida. Even though the state is opening up.. the colleges are not and have no plans to until Fall which is too late as she needs these on her transcript this summer. ANY state is fine as we can travel if needed to get this done. Not to sound desperate but ...... just a bit.  SUGGESTIONS? thanks!!!!!
My suggestion is to go to https://clep.collegeboard.org/test-center-search and put in you zip code, and then that of other states near to you. When I put in my zip code, it shows a private facility offering exams. Does it? When I go to its website, it doesn't show it's closed. But I haven't called. You can try this and see if it works for you.

Oh, and maybe there are other colleges offering on-line courses which her college may allow her to take.
(04-27-2020, 10:20 AM)LongRoad Wrote:  Yes I did that endlessly and have even searched surrounding states and have made a gazillion telephone calls. I was hoping that someone Knew of an Actual Testing center that is OPEN.  I wrote to College Board and they suggested the same thing ... odd that they are claiming to not know which of their testing centers are open (???).     

SO === TO CONTINUE THE THREAD --- does anyone KNOW of an ACTUAL testing site that IS open and doing CLEP testing now or soon??? 
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...08-17-2020

I think the Arizona State courses are a great option for this situation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • nomaduser
(04-27-2020, 10:59 AM)eriehiker Wrote: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...08-17-2020

I think the Arizona State courses are a great option for this situation.

I am looking at these and agree they look fabulous. I am just wanting to see if the the end day is flexible .. and if the transcript is issued once the course is completed. .... or is there a set time even though it is self paced. Anyone have any info or experience with this part of the ASU option? 

thanks!
My guess would be that you need to 
1. check private testing sites (non-colleges) and
2. check testing locations in states that are lifting restrictions

CA will be locked down for some time... colleges here have been told to plan on online courses for summer and fall.
But I know of states that haven't been hit as hard as we have so I would assume those state colleges would be the first to open.
That's my guess at least.

I have a son itching to take some exams... I think he's ready to take 4 currently.
Since our vacation plans got cancelled, we may be taking a "vacation" in an unexpected place depending on where tests are available.
My main concern is if we travel to another state, will they require us to self-quarantine for 2 weeks before they let us in a testing site?

Marie
(04-27-2020, 10:57 AM)yokopilar Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 10:20 AM)LongRoad Wrote:  Yes I did that endlessly and have even searched surrounding states and have made a gazillion telephone calls. I was hoping that someone Knew of an Actual Testing center that is OPEN.  I wrote to College Board and they suggested the same thing ... odd that they are claiming to not know which of their testing centers are open (???).     

SO === TO CONTINUE THE THREAD --- does anyone KNOW of an ACTUAL testing site that IS open and doing CLEP testing now or soon??? 

HI! Did you get my message?  Their is a testing center here in Houston Texas called Test Center USA.  They are open, I just took a CLEP test there on Friday and others were there taking tests too.
YES thanks for the note! Test Centers USA in Texas are open for CLEPS and I found that private test centers in Georgia (much closer) are open as well. States that are "open" seem to have the private testing centers available. Whew. Thanks for the info and have a great day! PS . I am sure you will get your Spanish results in time or your school will grant you an extension.
CLEP and DSST should support proctorU home-based exams.... all testing centers are closed and I don't think it's good to travel to those testing centers until someone invents a fully working COVID-19 vaccine.
(04-27-2020, 10:09 AM)yokopilar Wrote: Hello.. It has been many moons since I finished off my BA with this fabulous board. Since then I earned my masters and now our college daughter is needing to slip in a few credits in her college transcript this summer while home from college.  CLEP is the way to go but we are having a heck of a time finding an open CLEP testing center in Florida. Even though the state is opening up.. the colleges are not and have no plans to until Fall which is too late as she needs these on her transcript this summer. ANY state is fine as we can travel if needed to get this done. Not to sound desperate but ...... just a bit.  SUGGESTIONS? thanks!!!!!

In my state, it's very difficult to find a CLEP testing site that's open because most are located on college campuses and they are closed. Many aren't reopening later this month. Those that are are going to be for students and staff only. I can't even use my fitness center pass at my local college because I'm not a student or employee. 

I would look elsewhere such as Sophia.org, straighterliner.com, and study.com. You can do the courses and testing at home. Much easier!

(04-27-2020, 10:57 AM)yokopilar Wrote:

The college board doesn't own the testing facilities. Every location is going to be different. Some may be open one day then closed the next due to the pandemic and constant changes in government mandates.

(04-27-2020, 09:24 PM)Carnation Wrote: My guess would be that you need to 
1. check private testing sites (non-colleges) and
2. check testing locations in states that are lifting restrictions

CA will be locked down for some time... colleges here have been told to plan on online courses for summer and fall.
But I know of states that haven't been hit as hard as we have so I would assume those state colleges would be the first to open.
That's my guess at least.

I have a son itching to take some exams... I think he's ready to take 4 currently.
Since our vacation plans got cancelled, we may be taking a "vacation" in an unexpected place depending on where tests are available.
My main concern is if we travel to another state, will they require us to self-quarantine for 2 weeks before they let us in a testing site?

Marie

Depending on the state, yes you will be required to quarantine for 2 weeks once you arrive in the state. Traveling to another state really isn't advisable right now. My state is very strict on this and has fines up to $10,000 for violating the quarantine mandates.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 142 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 461 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 758 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 487 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 633 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 405 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 446 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,975 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 934 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
  Is the CLEP College Composition Modular easier than Sophia's English Composition I? whiverem 4 551 11-08-2023, 11:24 AM