Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANY CLEP testing sites open ANYWHERE?
There is a testing center located at Lorain County Community College (near Cleveland OH) that offers CLEPs on MONDAY and Thursday. I confirmed with the staff there they are open and administering CLEPs.

Not sure (because I didn't think to ask) if they are accepting people from out of state but their process is schedule with the test person between 11 am and 4 pm
(08-13-2020, 12:38 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: There is a testing center located at Lorain County Community College (near Cleveland OH) that offers CLEPs on MONDAY and Thursday.  I confirmed with the staff there they are open and administering CLEPs.

Not sure (because I didn't think to ask) if they are accepting people from out of state but their process is schedule with the test person between  11 am and 4 pm

Doesn't work for those of us in NY. We would have to quarantine for 14 days after coming back to NY. Totally not worth it. Not to mention the time and cost to travel to OH.
(08-13-2020, 04:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 12:38 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: There is a testing center located at Lorain County Community College (near Cleveland OH) that offers CLEPs on MONDAY and Thursday.  I confirmed with the staff there they are open and administering CLEPs.

Not sure (because I didn't think to ask) if they are accepting people from out of state but their process is schedule with the test person between  11 am and 4 pm

Doesn't work for those of us in NY. We would have to quarantine for 14 days after coming back to NY. Totally not worth it. Not to mention the time and cost to travel to OH.

The posting was for centers open ANYWHERE, to which I contributed an open center.

I'm sorry that your believe you'd be unable to test there - I am sure closer centers will eventually open, or you'll find a different option for your credits.

Best wishes.
Greetings. I'm not finding any open testing centers for CLEP exams. Wondering if others are too. Seems like some businesses are reopening, but testing centers are still not open. Is this your experience?
(08-27-2020, 04:27 PM)Pancake123 Wrote: Greetings. I'm not finding any open testing centers for CLEP exams. Wondering if others are too. Seems like some businesses are reopening, but testing centers are still not open. Is this your experience?

No testing site within 2 hours of me is open. They're all located on college campuses. College campuses jus started opening up over the last 2 weeks. They only allowed returning students who live on campus to arrive 2 weeks before classes start so they can be quarantined and tested. The campuses are now open to all students, faculty, and staff as classes have begun. however, no one else is allowed on campus. We can't use our fitness center membership at the college here. We are not allowed on campus until at least January. Some colleges here just went to remote learning for this semester so the campuses aren't open at all. Thanks COVID!
(08-27-2020, 04:27 PM)Pancake123 Wrote: Greetings. I'm not finding any open testing centers for CLEP exams. Wondering if others are too. Seems like some businesses are reopening, but testing centers are still not open. Is this your experience?

Several of our local colleges in SC/NC are open and administering tests.

Asking on a forum where people live not only all over the country, but all over the world, isn't too helpful.  I'd specify that you'd like a testing center within an hour of the city you live in if you want better info.  Unless you're willing to drive/fly to a state across the country...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-28-2020, 10:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Several of our local colleges in SC/NC are open and administering tests.

Asking on a forum where people live not only all over the country, but all over the world, isn't too helpful.  I'd specify that you'd like a testing center within an hour of the city you live in if you want better info.  Unless you're willing to drive/fly to a state across the country...

I think they were just looking to see what it's like across the country not just in their bubble. If they want to know about a specific area, the best thing to do is go onto the testing website and check there not ask on a forum. Seems like they just wanted to know it's not just them.
Just got this email from Modern States: https://email.modernstates.org/t/ViewEma...579FEBB2E9 College student drove nearly 1200 miles to take 5 CLEP exams. His university charges $3,349 for 12-18 credits.

If you get 20MPG average, that's about 120 gallons of gas. If he paid $2.50 per gallon (and it was probably closer to $2), that'd be about $300. Plus camping supplies, etc., he probably spent less than $500 for those 15 credits. Not too shabby.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Well his family bought a vehicle for the trip and your time is worth something and you have to eat so nah it's more than that. He could have bought a plane ticket for less, in fact.

Or he could have subbed to Study.com for far less and taken the tests at home.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • ss20ts
The van isn't a one-time-use thing and can be resold for a similar price as to what they paid for it. Food needs to be eaten anyway so isn't an additional expense unless it was just fast food that was being eaten.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 7 329 04-19-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 145 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 145 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP Economics marinereef 3 285 04-05-2024, 01:46 PM
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 225 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 540 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 921 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 585 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 755 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 484 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill