Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020!
(04-01-2020, 07:17 PM)bluebooger Wrote: well I was finally got my email from asu to set up my account          
only took 10 days LOL            
got an asu.edu email to go with it -- didn't expect that

With that ASU.edu email you should be able to rent up to 7 textbooks for free via this link:

https://uto.asu.edu/sites/default/files/...dshelf.pdf

I attended ASU over a decade ago and was able to rent a bunch of books on CompTIA certifications for free!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 4 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • alab21, bluebooger, bonbon622, indigoshuffle
So how do you sign up for this courses? I got my ASU email and I can sign into the dashboard but the classes don't appear anywhere and when I try to sign up from the courses themselves it takes me to registration. Thanks in advance.
I had to wait 10 days for another email from them with the subject and body

Welcome to Arizona State University

Welcome to Arizona State University technology resources!

Your ASURITE UserID has been created and is ready for you to activate.

To activate your ASURITE UserID visit https://weblogin.asu.edu/password/activa...xxxxxxxxxx

Every person logging into ASU is assigned an ASURITE UserID. This UserID is unique, and is yours to use as long as you are associated with ASU and you follow the appropriate policies and guidelines. The ASURITE UserID is used to access various ASU technology services and your eligibility for these services depends on your affiliation with the university.

Because the ASURITE UserID will be used for such a wide variety of access, including sensitive data, it is important to protect your password. Do not share your ASURITE password with others. Please contact the ASU Help Desk if you ever suspect your account has been compromised.
========================

then I had to validate my ASURITE UserID and set up an alternate email that my ASU email would redirect to
(04-07-2020, 12:13 PM)bluebooger Wrote: I had to wait 10 days for another email from them with the subject and body

To activate your ASURITE UserID visit https://weblogin.asu.edu/password/activa...xxxxxxxxxx

Every person logging into ASU is assigned an ASURITE UserID. This UserID is unique, and is yours to use as long as you are associated with ASU and you follow the appropriate policies and guidelines. The ASURITE UserID is used to access various ASU technology services and your eligibility for these services  depends on your affiliation with the university.

Because the ASURITE UserID will be used for such a wide variety of access, including sensitive data, it is important to protect your password.  Do not share your ASURITE password with others.  Please contact the ASU Help Desk if you ever suspect your account has been compromised.
========================

then I had to validate my ASURITE UserID and set up an alternate email that my ASU email would redirect to

I already have my ASURITE ID. I can see some classes but I think they are regular online classes for ASU students. On the Earned admission I go into some loop where it asks for credentials, I put them in, then it tells me to register which I try with my email which then tells me that I already have an ASU id. I tried a different browser with same results. 
Anybody have any luck with this courses?
I'm signed up and doing several. There was something like 48 hours after my ASU ID was activated before it would work with the Earned Admission section without giving me an error message. It wanted me to Log In even though I was already logged into the ASU system. So it tries to load and gives an error message saying it's not ready yet. You shouldn't have to re-register for the EA site. Just log in with your existing ASURITE credentials.
(04-07-2020, 12:36 PM)Rustydroid Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 12:13 PM)bluebooger Wrote: I had to wait 10 days for another email from them with the subject and body

Every person logging into ASU is assigned an ASURITE UserID. This UserID is unique, and is yours to use as long as you are associated with ASU and you follow the appropriate policies and guidelines. The ASURITE UserID is used to access various ASU technology services and your eligibility for these services  depends on your affiliation with the university.

Because the ASURITE UserID will be used for such a wide variety of access, including sensitive data, it is important to protect your password.  Do not share your ASURITE password with others.  Please contact the ASU Help Desk if you ever suspect your account has been compromised.
========================

I already have my ASURITE ID. I can see some classes but I think they are regular online classes for ASU students. On the Earned admission I go into some loop where it asks for credentials, I put them in, then it tells me to register which I try with my email which then tells me that I already have an ASU id. I tried a different browser with same results. 

I think you have to go to the EA portion of the website, choose a course and then enroll - and then you'll have to log in from there.  You shouldn't be going to the regular university page for any of this after you get your ID.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21
(04-08-2020, 07:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 12:36 PM)Rustydroid Wrote:

========================

I think you have to go to the EA portion of the website, choose a course and then enroll - and then you'll have to log in from there.  You shouldn't be going to the regular university page for any of this after you get your ID.

The poster above is right you need to wait about two days for this to work once you get your ASUrite ID.
I didn't see anything at ASU that can't be found cheaper somewhere else. Maybe one engineering course. What are people taking there?
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(04-09-2020, 07:01 PM)udi Wrote: I didn't see anything at ASU that can't be found cheaper somewhere else. Maybe one engineering course. What are people taking there?
I wanted to try human origins
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • udi
(04-09-2020, 07:01 PM)udi Wrote: I didn't see anything at ASU that can't be found cheaper somewhere else. Maybe one engineering course. What are people taking there?

Cheaper than $99?  For graded credits on a 4yr school transcript!  Where can you find that?  Our CC's are more than that, and we're some of the cheapest in the country ($46/cr statewide).

My kid needs graded credits for substituting a high school course - English 101 for AP English : Language & Composition.  Substituting an 8-week course for a full year AP course with TONS of writing - you just can't beat it.  Add to that, we have to jump through hoops to get into our CC for dual enrollment as a sophomore, and they may deny us. AND, even if we found it at a CC, finding an online 8wk course is difficult.  They fill up really fast.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 0 36 1 hour ago
Last Post: freeloader
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,206 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  TAMUC Free 3 Credit Course Winter Mini Term Tedium 10 2,026 12-17-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: RbxFunRocks
  Free non-credit classes from COSC rachel83az 2 924 06-29-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free non-credit certificates rachel83az 0 972 06-29-2022, 01:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  FREE 1-credit online Clackamas CC Intro To Library Research Course - RA and Graded! ctcarl 30 7,528 04-01-2022, 12:22 PM
  Free Spanish course (no credit) rachel83az 4 1,184 03-27-2022, 01:22 PM
  Free Oracle Cloud Certification until Feb 28. Credit transfer? asianphd 1 957 02-05-2022, 09:43 AM
  free 7 credit course gams007 10 2,269 01-06-2022, 12:57 PM
  Oakton CC: Free 7 Credit Web Design Class 4 Vulnerable Populations eriehiker 59 7,912 07-01-2021, 02:03 PM