Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accelerated Science Courses
Hello,

I have been a long time follower and utilized this forum many times over for myself and others. Both my brother and I have graduated from TESU with accelerated degrees but now I am looking to accomplish prerequisite courses to qualify for a Doctor of Physical Therapy program. I currently have Physics I w/lab, chem I w/lab, and a few other ones. Now I need Chem II, Physics II, Bio I/II, and A&P I/II (all w/ labs).

Luckily, I have the GI bill so cheap isn't a necessity but it obviously comes with other stipulations. Really what I am looking for is accelerated courses that are 8 weeks or less with an accredited university that the GI Bill will accept. I am able to find A&P I/II in 8 week courses but the best I can find for the others is 12 weeks and that is by piece milling courses from multiple colleges. I would like to take all of these courses at a single college if possible. I prefer shorter classes so I can focus on one at a time rather than taking 2-3 courses over a 16 week period (its just how I work and I know it works well this way). 

I know this information is somewhere on the internet. This also is probably not the best place to ask this question but I know the members here are resourceful and have an amazing collective knowledge. So, does a college exist that offers the courses I need online and at an accelerated pace? I've checked TESU, ASU, Excelsior, Charter Oaks, and APU with no luck. Thank you all for any help you can provide!
I think NMJC offers all of those? I am not completely sure but it's worth a look. Otherwise, take a look at this page: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Obscure_Credits I'm not familiar with term length but maybe one of those would work for you. I don't think your GI Bill would accept Portage or I would suggest them because I think that they are self-paced.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
They don't have separate A&Ps, but they have the rest:
https://online.une.edu/science-prerequisites/courses/
They are self-paced so you can finish fast.

Pretty sure Southern California University of Health Sciences has all of them with online/distance labs. They look to be 5 week online classes. The school is RA. The sticker price looks to be $2,000/class. Certainly expensive, but if GI bill would cover, this seems to be in line with what you want: https://acceleratedsciences.scuhs.edu/
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
An option is to try "a few" of the NM colleges all at once! Take 6 credits at one and another 6 credits at a different one - NMJC, Clovis, Luna.
I haven't checked the schedules or times, but you might want to give Logan University a try as well: https://www.logan.edu/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Doane University Online $329/cr
https://www.doane.edu/lp/prereqs.html?so...CsQAvD_BwE

A nice option here is that Physics can either be taken as algebra-based or calculus-based, depending on which you need.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
University of New England offers self-paced options:

https://online.une.edu/science-prerequisites/

$360/credit plus $30 per class.

The courses are 16 weeks long but self-paced and new ones start every 2 -3 weeks. Even if you sign up for multiple courses, you can do one at a time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,521 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 210 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,547 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 176 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 754 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,204 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 509 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 265 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM