Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accounting Principles CLEP
Anyone taken this one? Any advice?
Hi...just took this one on Monday. Study the instacert info and you will do fine. Really wasn't as hard of a test as I was expecting.
I disagree. I thought that the Principles of Accounting CLEP was very difficult material. I studied for this test the longest of any I've taken yet and I still felt stupid when I was taking it. I studied very diligently for 3 weeks and to date this is the only CLEP that I had to rush to finish in time. When I pressed the submit button I really didn't think I was going to pass; I was absolutely stunned when the score came up 71.

Chris
I have 2 CLEP tests I have to take: Accounting and Business Law. I am worried about not passing cause I dont want to have to spend a semester taking each of these.

For someone that doesnt know anything about accounting, will InstantCert be enough to pass with at least a score of 55-60 or even higher? "Chromo" you said you almost ran out of time...I was hoping there would be more time because there are only 78 questions and 90 minutes of time.

Were there a lot of questions that needed a calculator and were there a lot of credit debit accounts? did the test require a lot of "brain" work Q's or mostly terminology type? lastly, how many times did you review the questions on instantcert?

Any more info would be appreciated....I plan on taking the test by Friday but I never feel ready.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Primestar...I used only InstaCert for the Intro to Bus Law and did very well...you can read through the last two sections of material but don't forcus on them for your studying. On the Prin of Acctg test there were some problems you needed a calculator for. I didn't have any trouble with time, had time left over. What I did is if I couldn't answer the questions right off, I skipped it and went on to the ones that didn't need the calc for or that I was sure of then went back and answered the others. That way you know you're giving the time to the questions you know you can answer and not rushing at the end. Make sure you read the explanations to the study material. As so many other posts have said, there is ALOT of info in the explanations!! GOOD LUCK!!
I took Principles of accounting last summer. I found it to be one of the more difficult exams, and ended up guessing on quite a few of the answers. I only studied for about six days, though.

Instant cert is great, I also used Barron's business series. They're great, if you have time to read them. They're pretty extensive, and have way more information than is on the exam.

Dan Cassell

P.S. Score was 73.
Just a quick comment, guys--you may have felt like you were guessing on most of the questions, but they must have been educated guesses if you were scoring in the 70's. Considering the max score is 80, anything in the 70's is really good.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
primestar: the questions are more time consuming than other tests, so i would not expect to end up with a lot of free time. nonetheless, InstantCert is definitely enough to pass. with a lot of hard work i got a 70 and all i used was instantcert and the sample test in the official guide. i did not use a calculator for any question. i didn't even bring one, actually.
sgloer Wrote:Just a quick comment, guys--you may have felt like you were guessing on most of the questions, but they must have been educated guesses if you were scoring in the 70's. Considering the max score is 80, anything in the 70's is really good.

Yeah, I was kind of befuddled about that. 70+ is more than enough to get an A at any college I've ever heard of that converts scores to grades. Most colleges use a pass/fail system with a minimum of 50, so, um, 70+ is nothing to be ashamed of. This isn't the LSAT where every point effects the rest of your life. ;-)
I squeaked by today with a 50. I didn't have a chance to study whatsoever, so I'll certainly take a minimum score.

If you've done any business law/entre studying, you should be fine. Not an easy test, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,762 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 501 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,839 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 843 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,305 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,636 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,240 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,266 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,234 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 2,886 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis