Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced Enlistment Military Credit
I am currently looking to enlist in the military and am attempting to to enlist with advanced rank using 48 college credits. I currently have 20 Web Development Credits from Community College, 28 FEMA course credits and 8 ACE approved credits (6 TEEX and 2 NFA) My question is what are the best options to transfer these credits into an accredited college so that I can have a transcript available to apply towards my enlistment into the military with an advanced rank.

Thank you for your help.

-Josh
A thread that might help you:

http://www.degreeforum.net/military-disc...edits.html

But best bet will probably Excelsior or TESU.
You first step should be to ask your community college registrar's office if they would put your FEMA/ ACE credits on your transcript with them. Explain your situation and ask if they could list them for credit/ pass/ etc. and let them know that it is for advanced enlistment in the military.

The next step would be to apply for either a degree or a credit registry from Charter Oak State College, since Charter Oak is the only one of the Big Three that accepts free FEMA hours. The current cost to apply for a degree is $75 and the cost to apply for a credit registry is $515.
https://www.charteroak.edu/credit-registry/

Another option would be to list all of the credits you have ("MAT-101 College Math 3" for 3 semester hours, let us know if they are quarter hours instead) so that we could help you see how close you are to an associate degree with all of those combined credits. It might be easier than you think to finish that degree.

Good luck!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
The FEMA courses are a little difficult to transfer I believe. They have to go through a community college to be used at Excelsior. And you have to pay per credit. Not sure about TESU. But both Excelsior and TESU have a transcript service you can use. There are other fairly cheap sources of ACE credit; Shmoop, Saylor Academy, Straighterline, Study.com, ALEKS, etc..
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
To be clear: Charter Oak will accept "raw" free FEMA courses for no extra cost. You do not have to go through another college first.
TESU will not accept FEMA at all, and Excelsior accepts them through an FCC transcript at about $80/ credit.

Your community college might accept them, just ask!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
TESU will NOT touch the FEMA ones even from real B&M colleges (CCC/FCC).:reddevil:

johnjaxs Wrote:A thread that might help you:

http://www.degreeforum.net/military-disc...edits.html

But best bet will probably Excelsior or TESU.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I just emailed COSC to see if I pay the $515 Credit Registry fee how many of my 250+ FEMA IS courses they will transcribe?

KayV Wrote:To be clear: Charter Oak will accept "raw" free FEMA courses for no extra cost. You do not have to go through another college first.
TESU will not accept FEMA at all, and Excelsior accepts them through an FCC transcript at about $80/ credit.

Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Are they transcribed as below-the-line COSC credits or above-the-line transfer credits (CLEP/etc)?

KayV Wrote:To be clear: Charter Oak will accept "raw" free FEMA courses for no extra cost. You do not have to go through another college first.

Did you sign up to have a FREE ACE Transcript? Put the (6 TEEX and 2 NFA) on it for FREE. You will pay a fee to send it somewhere.

varJosh Wrote:I am currently looking to enlist in the military and am attempting to to enlist with advanced rank using 48 college credits. I currently have 20 Web Development Credits from Community College, 28 FEMA course credits and 8 ACE approved credits (6 TEEX and 2 NFA) My question is what are the best options to transfer these credits into an accredited college so that I can have a transcript available to apply towards my enlistment into the military with an advanced rank.

Thank you for your help.

-Josh

FEMA credits are above-the-line at COSC and generally used as free electives. They accept online FEMA courses as transcribed at FCC, but if you have in-person FEMA credits they might transcribe differently.

Here's the latest course list:
https://em-study.com/emsfema/article.php...icle_id=62
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,508 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,933 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 234 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 730 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 383 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 694 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 482 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 528 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 331 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  Cheap-ish (Biblical) Hebrew and Greek credit rachel83az 7 637 08-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain