Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice: Associates
@Chilow, follow the Pierpont WIKI, I would do the ASU 1 credit class first and you can then apply plus send that transcript to Pierpont. For your Google and Sophia.org classes that generate ACE recommendations for college credit, you store that in your Credly account and can send unlimited transcripts free, I would do them in batches though as you don't want to overload the number of transcripts and provide extra work each transcript you send... Thus, do one provider at a time, transfer the credits, such as finish all the Google cheapies/freebies first, TEEX, then send the transcripts, do the Sophia.org (all of them) and send one final transcript from Credly.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I just registered for an account with ASU. Got the confirmation email stating to wait 2-3 days for my ASURITE ID.

Can you clarify your comment on the Credly account? Should I register for that now? Should I complete the 1 credit ASU class, put it in Credly immediately? Sorry, not familiar with how Credly works. When should I register for Pierpont? Do I wait until I have 60 credits from Sophia before transferring to Pierpont or do it all at once?
You're going too fast and rushing things, I would review what's in the current thread already. ASU 1 credit can't be placed into Credly, as it's not an ACE recommended for credit class, it's a graded RA class that transfers directly from ASU to Pierpont through Parchment, total is $25, plus the $15 transcript fee, you can apply to Pierpont anytime as it's free to apply, sending in transcripts can be done over time. Once done, sign up for Credly, complete all the Sophia.org classes that do not have touchstones, send them to Credly all at once. Don't do the Coursera/TEEX until your subscription for Sophia.org is over, otherwise, you're wasting monthly membership on freebies... You can do the Coursera/TEEX certs/classes that give you ACE credit, once done, send those to Credly and another from Credly to Pierpont.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
That makes more sense. I got confused because I remember reading somewhere that Pierpont doesn’t accept Parchment. Thanks for the tip on not starting the non Sophia classes to save money!
(02-12-2024, 03:36 AM)Chilow Wrote: That makes more sense. I got confused because I remember reading somewhere that Pierpont doesn’t accept Parchment. Thanks for the tip on not starting the non Sophia classes to save money!

This is true when it comes to Sophia classes. Parchment is fine for other colleges and universities. ASU is a university, so ASU Parchment is fine. Sophia needs to go on Credly.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 164 8 hours ago
Last Post: Lucidus
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 492 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Looking for advice on choosing a degree for a career change frankc 13 985 09-13-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Obrajnick
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 11 1,147 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSST testing advice (for beginner) audpants 2 187 08-26-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 18 1,320 08-26-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Advice on Pursuing an MBA for Career Advancement in the USA leop25 4 488 08-26-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Advice needed for Health Degree thethinker58 13 1,723 08-10-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: wow
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 33 2,750 07-26-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Seeking Advice on Fast-Tracking a Bachelor's Degree in PM+IS from UMPI Fiona 4 450 07-23-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP