Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEFL opportunities without a degree
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've last posted on here.

I'm considering going overseas already while I finish my degree. The last few months in South Africa has been... rough to say the least. With the rumours of South Africa possibly giving Russia weapons, our never-ending struggle with loadshedding and even now our economy that has been falling to (for lack of better words) shit. 

I've already done a few TEFL courses and have 3 years (currently my 4th) of private teaching experience. 

I'm still busy with my degree, but considering the current circumstances of my country, I think it would be better if I leave as soon as I possibly can.

I was thinking of teaching in Thailand, but really at this point I'd take any opportunity I could get.

If any of you guys know of a place/website/program that you could recommend to me that would be great. I know this isn't really the right place to ask, but I don't even know where to start looking.
In progress:
XAMK: Video Game Creation certificate (8/13 courses completed)
Metropolia: Multiple Courses (In Progress: IT Services Sales and Marketing)

Completed:
Sophia: 62 credits
i-to-i: 180-hour TEFL certificate (DEAC- accredited)
Unfortunately, there are few countries that accept TEFL teachers who don't have a degree. Mostly in SEA. I think that there might be a couple in South America? Not sure.

Reddit's a good place to start: https://www.reddit.com/r/TEFL/wiki/teflwithoutadegree
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-05-2023, 10:26 AM)Personherebb9 Wrote: Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've last posted on here.

I'm considering going overseas already while I finish my degree. The last few months in South Africa has been... rough to say the least. With the rumours of South Africa possibly giving Russia weapons, our never-ending struggle with loadshedding and even now our economy that has been falling to (for lack of better words) shit. 

I've already done a few TEFL courses and have 3 years (currently my 4th) of private teaching experience. 

I'm still busy with my degree, but considering the current circumstances of my country, I think it would be better if I leave as soon as I possibly can.

I was thinking of teaching in Thailand, but really at this point I'd take any opportunity I could get.

If any of you guys know of a place/website/program that you could recommend to me that would be great. I know this isn't really the right place to ask, but I don't even know where to start looking.
Are you an Afrikaner?
Are you open to getting your degree in education or any other subject that interests you?
Do you want to leave SA and emigrate to a new country ?
@Personherebb9, I would wait until you get your degree first if at all possible, you'll reap better benefits, pay, etc when you do get the degree and apply for educational positions in any country you're interested in. Say for example, you may want to teach in the middle of no where in SEA, specifically Thailand, it's a dime a dozen for teachers and very competitive even for the entry-level positions, with the degree in hand you'll be a step up above some of the applicants you're up against for each position...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Employment Opportunities in Online Schools BSBRose21 4 519 09-26-2023, 06:19 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 572 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 538 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 943 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 966 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 1,609 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  History of Degree "Hacking" collegehacked 8 2,745 07-13-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: collegehacked
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,663 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  For Sale: Southeastern US Bachelor Degree Granting College bjcheung77 6 1,993 06-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: lillingworth
  How has your degree improved your life? kevinmane 21 6,455 03-12-2020, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Zo_ey