Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Force Members
LANIER Wrote:Wow! Yes, I do mean Miss Sonya Palmer Smile

I broke phase all the time, honestly. I often went to San Antonio in civilian clothes when I was phase 1, and same with going to the BX at phase 1... I didn't really take it seriously. The only negative thing is the midnight accountability, I cut it close a few times.

yes, nice lady. 345th was the party squadron.. but it got really bad b/c i think a few people were caught jumping into the female dorms and vice versa. there were new rules... rules were soon changed to things like.. you couldn't stay by a window from the outside b/c it gave the appearance of doing something wrong. security forces had better dorms and even wi/fi but they hated being there. they would hate to see other people happy, lol. in groups they would always walk comment as if they were better than other squadrons. lol. they had mandatory washbacks, lol. i saw a few shoving matches at the cafateria..

the drinking.. now that was bad... people were underage drinking like CRAZY! and getting caught... i personally didn't care what people did short of major crimes, but if it had an affect on me.. i would at the very least get them into their dorm to sleep it off.....

perez was pretty funny. he had a good sense of humor. wagner gates would yell at people if you sounded off your room number during accountability. i remember hearing people yelling "rooooom 145 accounted for" and she would say "who the HECCCCCK is sounding off.. i'm not deaf... i'm not deaf... but if you keep screaming i will be.." i thought it was hillarious.

did u drive while you were there? i didn't.. and simply didn't want to be written up for everything.. what bmt squadron were u at?
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
Haha, yeah MSgt Wagner-Gates... An Airman passed out during PT from dehydration... and later that day in the Eagle's Nest, she was like, "Where's the Airman that went down on me this morning?"

Needless to say, the entire room filled with laughter.

I did not drive. I couldn't stand Texas, to be honest. I went to San Antonio maybe 3 times, but that's it.

I was with the 324th, KNIIIGHTS, ahaha. Yourself?
LANIER Wrote:Haha, yeah MSgt Wagner-Gates... An Airman passed out during PT from dehydration... and later that day in the Eagle's Nest, she was like, "Where's the Airman that went down on me this morning?"

Needless to say, the entire room filled with laughter.

I did not drive. I couldn't stand Texas, to be honest. I went to San Antonio maybe 3 times, but that's it.

I was with the 324th, KNIIIGHTS, ahaha. Yourself?

326 Bulldogs!! toughest squadron in all of AF BMT! check out these bulldogs! hoooyahh bulldogs! but in my heart i wish i was an Eagle.. where BMT is easy lol. hows studying going for u? finished up the cdc's yet?
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 

ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
Yeah, my CDCs have been done for a while. I got my 5-level a couple weeks ago, and I got 8 credits for that! A nice surprise to see on the AFVEC transcript.

I changed my college plans. Initially it was Business at TESC, but now it's BS in Liberal Studies at Excelsior.

I am considering becoming an officer, and since the degree doesn't matter too much, I just want one as as soon as possible. Now I just got to work on getting some bullets to make me look good!

It seems easy enough. I'm going to minor in Criminal Justice, and I need 1 other subject, but I am undecided. Probably Business.

I need to take Principles of Management to finish my 6 Management credits for the CCAF, and I'll be done. How about you?
LANIER Wrote:Yeah, my CDCs have been done for a while. I got my 5-level a couple weeks ago, and I got 8 credits for that! A nice surprise to see on the AFVEC transcript.

I changed my college plans. Initially it was Business at TESC, but now it's BS in Liberal Studies at Excelsior.

I am considering becoming an officer, and since the degree doesn't matter too much, I just want one as as soon as possible. Now I just got to work on getting some bullets to make me look good!

It seems easy enough. I'm going to minor in Criminal Justice, and I need 1 other subject, but I am undecided. Probably Business.

I need to take Principles of Management to finish my 6 Management credits for the CCAF, and I'll be done. How about you?

lmao.. i didn't even get my books yet.. it suck lol. i've been taking cleps trying to see if i can get my CCAF asap. my goal in terms of military is officer as well. so 8 credits along with the 12/13 from tech school.. not too bad... i honestly only need for my ccaf is to take my CDC's, but i don't know when that might happen.

you can start the process to become an officer with the army national guard with 60 credits. you just gotta get a release, but that might take a minute....

ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
Yeaah, I recommend looking at AirForceOTS.com. Lots of information.

From what I've gathered, the acceptance rate for the Air Force is like, 10%, whereas the Army officer rate is 90%. All you need is a degree and a pulse and you're in. Then again, I am not too crazy about working with the Army. Just not my lifestyle. Plus I have a wife and kid to think about. If I was single, I'd totally be there right now!

I'll PM you my military email so we can talk college and OTS when we don't feel like working, haha!
creationstory Wrote:you mean miss sonya palmer? i knew her..

Ssgt Smyers ("if you see someone doing what they are not suppossed to do.. you need to start snitchin")was there as well as 2 female MTL's. For a while a few people was breaking phase (going to clubs, cutting class and drinking) then everyone was put back to phase 1. They got a lil tougher for morning PT. Overall i'd say it was fun... even going back to phase 1. Cool

I'm currently at the 345th and SSgt Smyers is one of my MTL's, great guy and I'm (somewhat) enjoying my time here.. I just joined the Airman Leadership program and I'm on here trying to find out where I can take CLEP or DSST exams on Lackland.
tonio Wrote:I'm currently at the 345th and SSgt Smyers is one of my MTL's, great guy and I'm (somewhat) enjoying my time here.. I just joined the Airman Leadership program and I'm on here trying to find out where I can take CLEP or DSST exams on Lackland.

At your education office, it is really that easy, you can call them and set up a test date over the phone and it is a Military Appointment. Better than some stupid detail.
CCAF-AS Logistics Management
CCAF-AS Bio-Environmental Science
Cerro Coso Community College-AS Administration of Justice
Excelsior College-BS Criminal Justice-2008
TESC-BA Liberal Studies-2009
2 Different Bachelor Degrees completed in under 2 years!
Airforce Members,
I sometimes hear jokes about an MOS/Job that you guys have. Can you set the record straight on whether or not this job exists in the Air Force or is it just a joke. I think it's just a joke, but one time I asked an Air Force 1LT and he thought it actually existed.

Is there such an MOS as "In-Flight Missle Repair"?
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
LANIER Wrote:Can't believe I missed this thread!

I am active duty Air Force stationed at Travis. I'm only 19, but I am a mere 6 CLEPs away from my CCAF... all of which will be easy. (Management, supervision, college math, etc.)

I'm no stellar Airman. I do my work and go home, but I am trying to get my CCAF and then roll right into a bachelors program.

I do plan to put in a package for OTS. Maybe by then it won't be as strict and difficult as it currently is. I won't count on it, but I do plan to at least give it a shot. If not with the Air Force, then the Coast Guard or Navy.

Any advice from those prior-enlisted who crossed over?

I would plan on being a "stellar Airman" also, if you want to be selected...
Associate in Applied Science/Criminal Justice - Community College of the Air Force
DSST
History of Vietnam War......51
Astronomy.......................61
Org. Behavior...................63
Intro to Computing............64
Criminal Justice.................64
Intro to World Religions......62
Principles of Sup. .............63
Money and Banking...........60
Intro to Law Enf. .............63
Princ. of Stat. .................56
Enviro & Humanity.............61
Ethics in Amer..................80
Drug & Alcohol Abuse.........65
Rise/Fall Soviet Union........55
Principles of Pub Speak......63 (Failed oral)
Principles of Pub Speak (2).64 (Passed oral)
CLEP
Fresh. Col. Comp. (71) (Essay Passed TESC)
Principles of Man. (73)
Analy. & Int. Lit. (71)
Prin. of Microecon. (64)
Prin. of Macroecon. (60)
Intro to Soc (66)
American Gov't (63)
Hist of US I (66)
Hist of US II (63)
FEMA
-LOTS-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  commissioning in air force with TESC degree jemen 9 1,750 09-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Spencebr
  Air Force: ACE Credit for your CDCs! dcan 3 2,152 04-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Last Post: dcan
  UniversalClass.com Free for Air Force & Families dcan 2 1,559 04-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dcan
  Definition of military family members for free study material? annaeli 3 2,234 12-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Last Post: rameces
  Is a Clep Like An Air Force CDC Test? Afdanw 2 2,019 11-10-2009, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Afdanw
  Completed four years at Air Force Acad HomeinGa 1 1,156 10-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Last Post: JanusthePhoenix
  Devry University Military members discount dannybenitez 0 1,337 06-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Last Post: dannybenitez
  Military Members, What would be your "dream job" in the service? G-Man 14 3,781 04-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Last Post: HawkGuy