Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks- Intro to Statistics
Hello!

So here is my story and question.

Last year i took ALEKS Intro to Stats through my university (thus signing up with a class code, not independent use).

I ended up having to drop the class and take a "W" because i was in a rough time of my life, and we all know ALEKS takes TIME banghead.

I recently found out i can take ALEKS independently and have ACE put it on a transcript, which i can then send to my university for credit. I am going to take this option, i believe it is $20 for ALEKS and $40 for ACE, much better than $1500 for a stats class at my uni.

Now recently i logged in to my old class account and i can still see my old pie progress and grade. however it says it has expired. However, there is an option next to it to "Renew Access" and "Activate for independent use".

If i use this option will i be able to start where i left off in my old class in regards to the "pie progress"? Will ACE accept this? Or will i need to start from scratch again and work my way to a 70% using a new independent use account with new email etc?

Regards,

Regards
Regards Wrote:Hello!

So here is my story and question.

Last year i took ALEKS Intro to Stats through my university (thus signing up with a class code, not independent use).

I ended up having to drop the class and take a "W" because i was in a rough time of my life, and we all know ALEKS takes TIME banghead.

I recently found out i can take ALEKS independently and have ACE put it on a transcript, which i can then send to my university for credit. I am going to take this option, i believe it is $20 for ALEKS and $40 for ACE, much better than $1500 for a stats class at my uni.

Now recently i logged in to my old class account and i can still see my old pie progress and grade. however it says it has expired. However, there is an option next to it to "Renew Access" and "Activate for independent use".

If i use this option will i be able to start where i left off in my old class in regards to the "pie progress"? Will ACE accept this? Or will i need to start from scratch again and work my way to a 70% using a new independent use account with new email etc?

Regards,

Regards

You should call, but it sounds like you might get to pick up where you left off! Cool!! *just remember, ALEKS is currently only approved through 2/28
The main issue is not going to be taking up from where you left off, it's that you need to score 70% on an assessment (not on the course completion plus assessment number). So the BLUE rather than the BLUE + GREEN.

If you got a 70% on an assessment already, then you are done! If you haven't, then you just need to work your way through the pie until you feel comfortable with taking a new assessment where you can score that 70%.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yikes, ok the way my class was set up was different than the standard grading system of independent ALEKS. In that case, it may be better if i make a new account and try scoring 70% on an assessment off the bat?
Regards Wrote:Yikes, ok the way my class was set up was different than the standard grading system of independent ALEKS. In that case, it may be better if i make a new account and try scoring 70% on an assessment off the bat?

That would be a bulls-eye, because you'd be finished. If you don't hit 70, you can do work in your pie, or you can redo the assessment as many times as you need to- but it's the assessment that has to be at 70%, not the pie. Your pie can be 0% or 100% - doesn't matter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 951 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Statistics RA credit available anywhere? echo64 7 756 12-11-2022, 02:46 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Online Learning Statistics Alpha 0 495 07-14-2022, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 7 970 05-20-2022, 06:53 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,045 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 0 544 11-29-2021, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Applied Business Statistics - alternative source? Vle045 6 1,026 08-02-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,358 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,557 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,363 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore