Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Intro to Nutrition
Looking for the book now, any tips on this course?

Thanks!

edited to add - I forgot. Can I use an e-book for the final? I think it is proctored...
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

High_Order1 Wrote:Looking for the book now, any tips on this course?

Thanks!

edited to add - I forgot. Can I use an e-book for the final? I think it is proctored...

A great way to check is to use the SL website's list. It looks like it is a closed book final: Online Exam Proctoring Details by Course | StraighterLine
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Just score what you need on the quizzes so the final isn't significant to your overall grade. Much of the final is taken from the quizzes.
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate
ftsfour1 Wrote:Just score what you need on the quizzes so the final isn't significant to your overall grade. Much of the final is taken from the quizzes.

Thanks for the tip!

I still need to find the book, right? The quizzes are based off of it, correct? Otherwise, I don't want to pay for the book....
Angel 
Three Rivers CC 2017

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

link

Yes, definitely get the book!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Ok,
for future reference, I found the book online. The chapter quizzes pulled more from the book than they did the slides. I didn't listen to the audio, which I have found in SL Intro to Communications does *not* simply parallel the slide, so there may have been question data located in there.

I had a 91 average in course quizzes. I studied my quizzes and kinda rolled through the book.

I just got a 70 on the final, which made overall an 86 / B.

:/

There was few, if any final questions pulled from the quizzes I got. Book mastery would have aced that test.

Also, Proctor U was pretty much as painless as a test could go. I did it in my lounge clothes. Pushed the button for take test now (I previously registered with them), got to queue for the test almost immediately, and was online going through their process within oh, I guess about 5 minutes.

I don't remember reading a good runthrough of proctor u on here, so as a way to give back, think I'll knock one out while I decide what to do this Independence Day weekend.

I'm not proud of my results, but like a beggar, will scoop them up and run with them. I am told C's get degrees, so... (shrugs)

As a sumup, I did not put a great deal of time into this course. I read every slide in all of the 14 (i think) modules. Did the in module checks and did well, didn't do the end of the module reviews, because they are childish and I don't like crossword puzzles and their flash cards are shallow and incomplete. I skimmed the book as I went along, but did not devote a great deal of time to it. I found online flash card type sites *much* more informative.

I had no previous knowledge of the subject, and it is (no, it's not, health is important) irrelevant to my career field, so i didn't embed the information very firmly into my noodle. It was sometimes interesting, though. I was surprised to hear them say that vegans don't really get everything they need from diet, and suggested some meats were the best source for critical...uh....stuff? Amino acids and minerals. I also learned that there are minerals and vitamins that have the same name, but one version we can't directly benefit from while the other, we can.

Interesting, but fading in my collegiate rear view mirror. Bye!!
Angel 
Three Rivers CC 2017

link

I am taking this now and it is a 500 page book with a ton of wordage, they could have gotten the basics into half and teach the most important stuff.

They do not fix any technical difficulties, have to purchase the entire course again.

At a disadvantage because of some technical problem on my end, so now have to make up for the quizzes.

Not my forte, I thought I liked the subject, but hope to pass it, otherwise didn't spend too much on it.

But still, I need it for natural science category.

Also any other 1 credit natural science course that satisfies the category at TESU?

Do Quizlet flashcards help  much with the studying?
The advisor suggested another 3 credit one but I only need 4 in total and pretty much full on the gen ed electives side.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,023 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 952 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,046 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,360 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Nutrition Lab Julie S. 3 849 06-24-2020, 09:47 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How to apply Rio Salado nutrition? SweetsugarNL 3 1,040 10-21-2019, 05:33 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,237 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,327 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla
  Intro to Sociology question????? cooperlab 3 1,257 11-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SuperTal3
  Intro to World Religions DSST test- what to use to study? tiffy1693 26 8,112 07-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: marinafior