Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro to World Religions DSST test- what to use to study?
Ok, I am taking this test for the second time next week (I failed the first time) and am wondering what people have used to study? I have found a few resources, and was just wondering how effective everyone has found them to be. Or if you used something else and found that it was helpful, what was it?

This is what I have found:
I appreciate any help that anyone can give, thanks!

Tiffany
In the IC specific exam feedback, a user, (mfu something) has posted an excellent pdf. Read through the specific exam feedback, study that pdf, use the IC cards for review, and take FreeCLEPprep's free practice test. You should crush it this time.

I bought the Owl guide for this exam, but it wasn't that useful and not at all necessary. Also got the idiot's guide from the library. The idiots guide would be overkill, which may or may not be a bad thing for you. Never used the Pass Your Class stuff, so can't really comment on those.
In the specific exam thread for this test, there is a study guide with EXACTLY what you need. I took this test and passed using only that study guide.
robe4658 Wrote:In the specific exam thread for this test, there is a study guide with EXACTLY what you need. I took this test and passed using only that study guide.

I used the same study guide & read through all the comments in that same thread. Passed with only a day's worth of studying. It's totally do-able.
Thomas Edison State College
AAS - Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies (done! Graduating in December 2012!)
BA - English (done! Graduating in June 2013!)

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra - 70, College Algebra - 80
CLEP:
College Comp - 55, A&I Lit - 74, English Lit - 57, American Lit - 62, Humanities - 58, Social Sciences & History - 66,
Info Sys & Comp Applications - 70, Intro. Psych - 60, Human Growth & Development - 55, Biology - 56
DSST:
Race to Save the Planet - 66, Intro. to World Religions - 462, Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union - 56
FEMA:
21 credits - done!
Hallelujah I'm done all the tests I had to take! Thank you IC! Smile :hurray:
I took this a few weeks ago. I just read over the specific feedback and the study guides that were posted a couple times. I really only studied the day before the test and I felt totally confident while I was taking it. I got a 473. Best test experience ever!
BA History from TESC, Spring 2014
120 credits
[SIZE="1"]An&InLit, AmLit, USHisI, USHisII EnCompw/Essay, WCivI, WCivII, ALEKS PreCalc, AmGov, IntroComp, Bio, Intro Psych, Human Growth, Ed Psych, EnglishLit, Art of WW, SoSci&His, Vietnam War, World Religions, Europe 1945, Middle East, Soviet Union, Humanities, FEMAs, TESC courses - Liberal Arts Capstone, War and American Society
[/SIZE]
Is it the Instant Cert stuff? It is saying that I have to sign up and pay $$ for it, which I am ok with but I just want to make sure that it is the same thing you are both talking about! Thanks for the help!
tiffy1693 Wrote:Is it the Instant Cert stuff? It is saying that I have to sign up and pay $$ for it, which I am ok with but I just want to make sure that it is the same thing you are both talking about! Thanks for the help!
Yes, this is Instant Cert stuff. With instant cert you get access to the Specific Exam Feedback Section (which is worth the money alone) and access to all their flash cards.
Publius Wrote:Yes, this is Instant Cert stuff. With instant cert you get access to the Specific Exam Feedback Section (which is worth the money alone) and access to all their flash cards.

Great, I am going to sign up for that now. Thanks everyone for your feedback!!
Welcome to Instantcert, Tiffy! I have been using it for 2 years and I LOVE it!

BTW, I just took the Intro to World Religions DSST about 2 weeks ago. You really only need IC to pass it. I went way overboard on my prep...checked out 30+ books from the library (no kidding) and didn't even touch them, frantically searched Wikipedia for 10 days (not such a bad idea, but still not entirely necessary), and stressed myself over the supposed "difficulty" of the test. In reality, I breezed through the test in 18 minutes and 20 seconds and passed with a 481.

My advice is to go through IC and write down all the information, do a week's worth of researching on Wikipedia and religion sites for topics you don't know well or understand, go over all your notes the day before the test, browse through them again right before the test, and take the test. You'll do fine.
Thanks! I actually signed up for it and passed the test!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test score rogeryoung 0 29 4 hours ago
Last Post: rogeryoung
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 417 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 198 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  How to Study Deetzin 3 260 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 738 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 224 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 504 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 705 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 373 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,722 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro