Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree
Hi all
Since few people are interested in cybersecurity here, Udacity created new nanodegree- intro to Cybersecurity.  Not sure how it will be accepted by industry,  time will show.
(07-30-2020, 12:54 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Hi all
Since few people are interested in cybersecurity here, Udacity created new nanodegree- intro to Cybersecurity.  Not sure how it will be accepted by industry,  time will show.

I wonder how it compares to the courses from TEEX about cybersecurity. I realize that's not a nanodegree....what exactly is a nanodegree? This whole micro degree thing that has popped up is kind of odd. I do wonder if these certification programs will be a wave of the future or just the modern certificate equivalent. 

There is one big difference between the Udacity nanodegree and the courses from TEEX... $$$$$$$. And one if from an actual college.
I didnt go through WGU programs. But i guess they have smth in cybersecurity. Also as i understood they require Udacity certification for some degrees. I mean maybe it could be applied to WGU cybersecurity in future. Just guess
(07-30-2020, 01:20 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I didnt go through WGU programs.  But i guess they have smth in cybersecurity. Also as i understood they require Udacity certification for some degrees. I mean maybe it could be applied to  WGU cybersecurity in future. Just guess

I haven't seen any WGU degrees that require a Udacity certification. Maybe if you don't have any prior coursework or work experience in the IT industry they're suggesting potential students to get a Udacity certificate. My husband is considering a WGU IT degree and we've been researching their IT degrees like crazy. Udacity isn't the cheapest thing out there. I looked at it this week and it was $399 a month.
(07-30-2020, 01:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 01:20 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I didnt go through WGU programs.  But i guess they have smth in cybersecurity. Also as i understood they require Udacity certification for some degrees. I mean maybe it could be applied to  WGU cybersecurity in future. Just guess

I haven't seen any WGU degrees that require a Udacity certification. Maybe if you don't have any prior coursework or work experience in the IT industry they're suggesting potential students to get a Udacity certificate. My husband is considering a WGU IT degree and we've been researching their IT degrees like crazy. Udacity isn't the cheapest thing out there. I looked at it this week and it was $399 a month.

https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/it...tions.html

There's a udacity nanodegree required for the data science degree. That's the only one. I don't think it's wise to go for an expensive cyber security nano degree based on speculation that it might be part of a WGU degree. There are many cyber security certs from a few different organizations that are industry recognized and transfer in to WGU, so I'd consider those first.

https://www.wgu.edu/admissions/transfers...tions.html
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(07-30-2020, 02:41 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 01:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/it...tions.html

There's a udacity nanodegree required for the data science degree. That's the only one. I don't think it's wise to go for an expensive cyber security nano degree based on speculation that it might be part of a WGU degree. There are many cyber security certs from a few different organizations that are industry recognized and transfer in to WGU, so I'd consider those first.

https://www.wgu.edu/admissions/transfers...tions.html

But you're earning it as part of the degree. It's not required to get into the school. Many of WGU's degrees come with certifications that you do along the way. They're not required to attend the school. 

My husband has been looking at this degree and didn't see anything about Udacity on it a few months ago. I wonder how long this has been in play. I know from this forum that they made some major changes to the business degrees this year.
Again it was only post to provide information on the available option. As i told i didnt go through WGU resource , neither i suggeted to enroll in program.
(07-30-2020, 07:26 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Again it was only post to provide information on the available option. As i told i didnt go through WGU resource , neither i suggeted to enroll in program.

I thought you meant the nanodegree was required to get into degree programs at WGU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Udacity & AWS AI & ML Scholarship bjcheung77 1 272 02-01-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: evenFair23
  50% off Black Friday sale Udacity Imbanewbie 0 298 11-18-2023, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Upgrad looking at majority stake in Udacity bjcheung77 0 354 07-14-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cybersecurity Upskilling Alpha 3 638 06-11-2023, 02:45 AM
  edx - Ec Council- Professional Certificate in Cybersecurity Essentials Imbanewbie 5 1,092 02-24-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 952 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Free Cybersecurity bootcamp by Tulane University nyvrem 13 1,860 08-23-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,046 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Is it a good idea to step into cybersecurity domain after graduting from management? rishu 7 1,061 01-06-2022, 12:10 AM
  Udacity - 75% off courses for Black Friday! bjcheung77 3 972 12-01-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: innen_oda